Rhetoric/Composition 2014 hopefuls

y'all,

How we doing? It's after February... as an MA applicant I'm not overly worried but I'm starting to feel the pressure.

Impromptu dance party? Just dance the stress away?

Thanks for asking: still no word from Arizona State. In the meantime I have been offered 2 full-time jobs in the States and am considering both very seriously. 

And yourself?

Thanks for asking: still no word from Arizona State. In the meantime I have been offered 2 full-time jobs in the States and am considering both very seriously. 

And yourself?

Starting to feel the pressure. No options so far.  It is clear that I'm not a first rounder for Purdue. Denied from Austin. No word from anyone else.

I was hoping to hear from Louisville today. Historically they notify their MA's with GTA right around this time. Website says snow day though... so here I am with whiskey, stew, and bbc America.  

No job offers. 

Not hot water in my house.

No new housing options.

But I have the day off! 

:-D

Starting to feel the pressure. No options so far.  It is clear that I'm not a first rounder for Purdue. Denied from Austin. No word from anyone else.

I was hoping to hear from Louisville today. Historically they notify their MA's with GTA right around this time. Website says snow day though... so here I am with whiskey, stew, and bbc America.  

No job offers. 

No new housing options.

But I have the day off! 

So footloose, filthy (presumably) and fancy free! You are in an excellent state of mind to receive the totally funded MA package which is even now wending its way towards you

(><) <3

I hope you're right.

I hope those job offers are something interesting - even if you won't be able to say yes after you get into Arizona.

Thanks. Am actually at 7 apples job, 3 apples PhD on the 10 pieces of fruit = interest and hope scale. 

Starting to feel the pressure. No options so far. It is clear that I'm not a first rounder for Purdue. Denied from Austin. No word from anyone else.

No job offers.

No new housing options.

But I have the day off!

What makes you think that you didn't get into Purdue? I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates that they've done MA admits yet.

Edited by bhr

OK, at this point, it's clear that ASU has simply lost everyone's applications and is just hoping that we get accepted elsewhere and never ask. 48 days and counting. I could have just written a thesis while waiting and handed it in by now.

What makes you think that you didn't get into Purdue? I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates that they've done MA admits yet.

You're right. But there is an unsubstantiated Rhetoric MA accept that says they've notified their first rounders... Not much to go on butttttttt self-doubt sorta works that way. :-P  I'm good though - plenty of people will get accepted much later.

OK, at this point, it's clear that ASU has simply lost everyone's applications and is just hoping that we get accepted elsewhere and never ask. 48 days and counting. I could have just written a thesis while waiting and handed it in by now.

Damn. Sometimes ya gotta wonder what's going on behind the ivory curtains.

Sunstroke, cactus allergies, flip-flops related incident... there are any number of perfectly good explanations for their tardiness. Anyhow, I think this is the last day for Grad Cafe and me: moving to Phx in June either way, and have just achieved satori-levels of meh, will be happy with whatever happens.

Best of luck with all your apps!

There are now three MA responses from MTU on the board, and I've been "awaiting program decision" for two full months. I sort of want to reach out this week, since I know they are going on break next week, but am afraid how that will go over.

In the meantime, I'm trying to line up alternate funding for MSU and having little success. I hope they wind up with a TA spot for me!

I'm not sure if this helps out any of the PhD applicants on here or not...

I just emailed South Florida and Michigan Tech to tell them that I no longer wish to be considered for admission off of their wait lists. 

So you're MSU now?!?

Well...I'm just taking my sweet time to commit to MSU, and I just want to know for certain before I decide. There's a possibility I could get an offer off the wait list at Syracuse.

MSU is having a get-together at CCCC's this year, so I would be letting them know before then. 

Congrats on your acceptance, BowTimesAreCool!  Where did you get in, if you don't mind me asking?