Rhetoric/Composition 2014 hopefuls

So, I "got in" to ASU.... yesterday....  I was about to move to Thailand.  

I emailed in a last ditch effort and they told me I was admitted and I would get a letter soon.

Has anyone else heard from them?  Anything about funding? AHHHH!

AH! Got into UNH! At the buzzer...nothing but net :)

I'm feeling great and would love any insight any of you may have about UNH. Thanks! :rolleyes:

UNH is a wonderful program! With Christina Ortmeier-Hooper that is an amazing scholar. They actually take only 2 people each year.They also have 100% TT placement. They also just hired a new comp/rhet prof :)

As per ASU - I had to email them to learn that I got in with no funding. The letter online will probably state any information about funding.

UNH is a wonderful program! With Christina Ortmeier-Hooper that is an amazing scholar. They actually take only 2 people each year.They also have 100% TT placement. They also just hired a new comp/rhet prof :)

As per ASU - I had to email them to learn that I got in with no funding. The letter online will probably state any information about funding.

LongGone, wow! did ASU at least mention opportunities for funding beyond the first year?

Edited by il0vewriting

LongGone, wow! did ASU at least mention opportunities for funding beyond the first year?

Nope. I asked, but I did not get a clear response. 

I had other offers, so I am fine. ASU broke my heart a little bit though.

Just curious. Has anyone not heard from a school where you have been waitlisted? Not that it matters anymore (I'm committed somewhere else), but it seems odd to me that OSU has not said anything yet and it's already the 16th.

Just curious. Has anyone not heard from a school where you have been waitlisted? Not that it matters anymore (I'm committed somewhere else), but it seems odd to me that OSU has not said anything yet and it's already the 16th.

Inevitable part of the process, given how many applicants don't tell programs they're not coming until the last minute. Don't take it personally.

Inevitable part of the process, given how many applicants don't tell programs they're not coming until the last minute. Don't take it personally.

I got a funded offer from Purdue out of nowhere yesterday morning. I got an email and a follow up call asking if I was still interested.

I got a funded offer from Purdue out of nowhere yesterday morning. I got an email and a follow up call asking if I was still interested.

I got the same thing on Monday and had to turn it down.

I checked the OSU online application system and the decision was posted there: a rejection and I'm to expect something in the mail. So people who have not heard anything should probably check their online status. Or maybe everyone else has been doing it, and I just didn't think of it.