No word before 4/15?

t_ruth

Are there really programs out there that won't tell us one way or another sometime before 4/15?

I have one assumed rejection from which I've heard nothing. I emailed the grad director and got no response and then I called the listed number and got connected to a woman who said that she had been out of the office for months, but she *thought* that the process had been completed and if I hadn't heard anything then I *probably* wasn't accepted (talk about useful, right?).

I suppose I should take the hint, but I'd just like to know one way or the other, kwim?

Anyone know of places that just leave you hanging indefinitely?

Are there really programs out there that won't tell us one way or another sometime before 4/15?

I have one assumed rejection from which I've heard nothing. I emailed the grad director and got no response and then I called the listed number and got connected to a woman who said that she had been out of the office for months, but she *thought* that the process had been completed and if I hadn't heard anything then I *probably* wasn't accepted (talk about useful, right?).

I suppose I should take the hint, but I'd just like to know one way or the other, kwim?

Anyone know of places that just leave you hanging indefinitely?

A friend of mine didn't hear from a school until October the following year.

I haven't heard from one of my schools. I really do think that if there's no evidence that my application was processed I should get my application fee back/

UCSD-CS... their site says: "We will begin notifying applicants some time in February. However, applicants are accepted and rejected on a rolling basis until mid-April. Every applicant will receive notice of acceptance or rejection to our program by the end of this period."

Apparently they stick to their word, since I have not heard from them yet... mid-April = 4/15? XD

A few years back, when I was applying for MFA, Iowa waited until MAY 5th to even send me their standard rejection form letter. I had already gotten accepted to the program I was most excited about so it didn't ultimately matter (and Iowa would have been a terrible fit for me, I know now) but that always just seemed like a real douchebag move for a top program and all.

Sharing your anxiety right now as I wait for more word of my current PhD app fortunes....

Yeah... all i know is that i've heard from all but my top choice.

First their website stated they'd send out acceptances 15 March. Then, i e-mailed and they said "end of March." Then their website send "end of March."

i just logged on again, and now it says APRIL 17!!

That is crazy... Most schools require that you accept their packages by April 15 :evil:

The same thing is happening to me. The one thing I don't understand is how can these people expect to get top students if they are waiting until everyone has to make a decision at other schools. If anything, they are hurting themselves the most.

I'm currently most excited about the school I've been accepted to, but I still would like to feel like I had a choice.