Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

People who have gotten into UNC or Wisconsin, do you know when the visitation dates are?

Wisconsin' dates are February 28-March 2 & March 28-30

Edited by YaBoyAR

I applied to Penn. But speaking to some grad students I know, Penn can get back to people notoriously late in the game... 

That's unfortunate. Penn is my top choice school, and I don't have any acceptances as of right now,  so it looks like I might be nervous for a while  :unsure:

Anyone still waiting on Stanford? I really want to book my flights for the Berkeley visit, but not if I can consolidate the two trips...

Yeah I'm still waiting. Hoping I get some type of notification this week. 

Anyone apply for Penn State? I just got an email from their graduate coordinator saying that their committee meeting is set for this Thursday, Jan.23, and I will be notified their decision Jan.24.

I did but being an intl i thnk ll get a reply after 24th.

Got in to all schools except for one I applied to - Berkeley. Called today to ask about visit weekends to plan around and have my weekend free for them. Is that okay it is taking so long for the decision to come? I'm getting kinda nervous.

Got in to all schools except for one I applied to - Berkeley. Called today to ask about visit weekends to plan around and have my weekend free for them. Is that okay it is taking so long for the decision to come? I'm getting kinda nervous.

Congrats on your acceptances! Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Seems reasonable to me, although I can't comment on it from experience. What did they tell you when you called? I emailed the professor I had been corresponding with there to see if all decisions have been made but I am still waiting on his reply. I am getting especially nervous because I haven't got an acceptance yet. I thought I had a great chance at UIUC because my POI there basically said that they looked forward to speaking with me during visiting weekend, but no reply yet... Then again I haven't seen that many acceptances from UIUC and there are several rejections so maybe I am still in the running? The anticipation is killing me :/

Anyone apply for Penn State? I just got an email from their graduate coordinator saying that their committee meeting is set for this Thursday, Jan.23, and I will be notified their decision Jan.24.

I applied to three of your Schools, Duke, Rochester and UNC chapel hill. Have you by any means heard anything from any of these three Schools? Do you know if anybody has gotten into any of them? Thanks for replying! We shall all fulfil our dreams!!

Congrats on your acceptances! Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Seems reasonable to me, although I can't comment on it from experience. What did they tell you when you called? I emailed the professor I had been corresponding with there to see if all decisions have been made but I am still waiting on his reply. I am getting especially nervous because I haven't got an acceptance yet. I thought I had a great chance at UIUC because my POI there basically said that they looked forward to speaking with me during visiting weekend, but no reply yet... Then again I haven't seen that many acceptances from UIUC and there are several rejections so maybe I am still in the running? The anticipation is killing me :/

Thank you!

I applied to 8 schools actually: Purdue (my alma mater), UC Berkeley, U of Chicago, Northwestern, U of Arizona Tucson, U of Colorado at Boulder, TAMU and UT Austin. I'm really interested only in Berkeley, Chicago, Northwestern and Austin though.

When I called, the lady just told me the dates and I didn't want to get annoying and ask if they made the decision regarding my application already.

My Berkeley POI said that he is interested in me a lot, but it was in November, and I never really talked to him again - he is extremely busy professor.

I'm sure you'll get acceptances. I know, Purdue started releasing their decisions on Dec 15, and I got mine only yesterday. Same with several other schools - I've seen the acceptances in the Results Search, but got mine only recently. I don't what which order they are considering the applications, so I'm sure yours are still in the process. I understand your nervousness though, it is kind of a scary waiting period. Please let me know if there are great news for you soon :) All the hopes are sent your way!

I applied to three of your Schools, Duke, Rochester and UNC chapel hill. Have you by any means heard anything from any of these three Schools? Do you know if anybody has gotten into any of them? Thanks for replying! We shall all fulfil our dreams!!

Unfortunately, I hear nothing from them so far. Some information below:

I know someone getting into UR at the beginning of Feb.2013 and she is an international student. As we know UNC chem is a really huge department so I guess they should send a lot more offers (maybe 200 offers to get in around 70 students). Duke chem is a medium sized one and they only need around 20 students for each year according to their FAQ page. 

Could not wait until Fri, hope I can be accepted into PSU which is 2nd choice in my crazy long application list.

Unfortunately, I hear nothing from them so far. Some information below:

I know someone getting into UR at the beginning of Feb.2013 and she is an international student. As we know UNC chem is a really huge department so I guess they should send a lot more offers (maybe 200 offers to get in around 70 students). Duke chem is a medium sized one and they only need around 20 students for each year according to their FAQ page. 

Could not wait until Fri, hope I can be accepted into PSU which is 2nd choice in my crazy long application list.

I quite appreciate your reply. The information you gave above is sure helpful. Finger crossed!

I did but being an intl i thnk ll get a reply after 24th.

Yeah, it is totally possible. In the email, she said the first meeting is on Jan.23. I was wondering how many meetings they will have. Actually, I prefer them to directly tell me the result on Fri. After receiving email from them, I become nervous too.

Edited by TechniColor

Got into Wisconsin today! Applied for the materials division.

when did you submit your application? I am an international and submitted on 1st Jan. I also applied to the material divison...a little nervious....

Got an email saying I was accepted to Columbia University! WOOHOO. My dream school.

Congrats. When did you get your acceptance to Yale? From the looks of it only 3 people have posted results on the results page. Were you one of them? I hope they're not done making offers...

Congrats. When did you get your acceptance to Yale? From the looks of it only 3 people have posted results on the results page. Were you one of them? I hope they're not done making offers...

I heard from Yale on January 10th. Yeah I posted my results on the results page.