Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

I just got waitlisted for Princeton. *~*

If I accept x waitlist position, I'm essentially gambling that x number of people will decline, right? But if they don't, I've essentially thrown away the Fall 2014 application season...

It depends how badly you still want to go there after you receive all your acceptances. You actually CAN agree to attend another school (before the April 15th deadline), and then choose Princeton later on if you make it off the waitlist. It is highly advised to not do this, but it is possible and I personally know one person who did this. 

Man I am getting anxious, still no word, maybe thats not a bad thing though. Who is the person who go accepted to Berkeley witha 3.53 gpa? Your scores are almost identical to mine, you are my hero! Crossing my fingers right now.

UCSF has said that it will notify the successful applicants for interview dates till January 15th. No words yet though, I think I'm rejected :(

You already have made it to couple of great schools till now. Think about poor souls like me....:D :D

Princeton rolled out its Rejection mails today (from result search posts)... Quite early I think. I hope those affected get accepted elsewhere. Still waiting to hear back from all the Schools I applied to. Fingers crossed!

I feel for those without any acceptances. It's still early though everyone. Don't start panicking yet! Last year even MIT accepted someone in March/April (according to results page). Just hang in there!

I got rejected from Princeton today as well. Looks like I'm in good company. I still haven't heard from UNC, UT-Austin or Purdue. Seems like I might end up at Boulder, which is fine with me :)

Edited by MaudDib

The slow trickle of UCLA acceptances is driving me crazy! 

UCLA tricked acceptances all the way into March last year (I know someone who heard then), so there is reason to remain hopeful even if you don't hear back right away!

Edited by Faraday

UCLA tricked acceptances all the way into March last year (I know someone who heard then), so there is reason to remain hopeful even if you don't hear back right away!

Thanks for the tip.  Being patient is not something I wrote on my application lol.