U of Toronto and York U.

geodude

I applied to both of these last year and their acceptances came LONG after the other schools I had applied to. Like 2 months later... apparently they figure that even those who have already accepted elsewhere will jump ship for their offers, so they don't have to be timely about them at all. I didn't - but I know a lot of others did, including some who had accepted where I did go, at Trent.

I did see that a few people have heard from York this year .... I haven't yet... and still says No Decision Yet online. Not too worried about it as I'm staying at Trent anyway.

Good luck with your applications though - I hope they let you know soon!

I applied to both of these last year and their acceptances came LONG after the other schools I had applied to. Like 2 months later... apparently they figure that even those who have already accepted elsewhere will jump ship for their offers, so they don't have to be timely about them at all. I didn't - but I know a lot of others did, including some who had accepted where I did go, at Trent.

I did see that a few people have heard from York this year .... I haven't yet... and still says No Decision Yet online. Not too worried about it as I'm staying at Trent anyway.

Good luck with your applications though - I hope they let you know soon!

When did you hear from them? Late April? I don't think my nerves could handle another 2 months!

The weird thing about York was that in late Feb. I recieved a messege on my phone saying that they didn't have my complete application (which I sent in late January). The next day I had an email saying "thank you, we have recieved your complete application" wtf??? U of T's application process is pretty good but York's is brutal :|

Not sure if it helps, but I received an informal notification from U of T this past week. I'm still waiting for official correspondence to come in the mail.

Did you get the notification in an email or through the SGS site?

Did you get the notification in an email or through the SGS site?

I received an email from the graduate coordinator after I requested a status update. In his response, he said they were just beginning to notify applicants. Personally, I would attribute this slow response time to the unusually high number of applicants this year. Keep in mind that everything varies by department (or so it seems).

Alright, thanks a bunch!

I might send them an email requesting a status update on my application.

No problem. Just to clarify, make sure you email the graduate coordinator of your program. If you attempt to contact SGS, they will simply copy/paste from the FAQ section (which, of course, is anything but helpful). If you keep it short and polite, I'm sure you'll have a response within 2 days.

I think it was early April last year.... I did hear that one person from my undergrad school was accepted into UofT for an MA in Computer Technology - that was a couple of weeks ago.

And there are a few results for York U in the Results Search - TRULY a pain in the posterior finding them in all of the NYU results though

Is anyone still waiting on U of T? I'm currently on the waiting list, but with a response deadline of April 15th for successful applicants, my chances of acceptance are dwindling by the day. When is it appropriate to give up all hope? I just can't imagine anyone turning down their fully-funded offer on April 14th...

This is so goddamn stressful!

yes, i'm checking the web app like 20 times a day. today it has a new option that says "Booking/Managing Enrolment Appointments" but I think that just refers to undergrads as my status is still "No Decision Yet"

When I spoke to the graduate coordinator last, I told him that I needed a decision by April 13th (extended response deadline for my only acceptance). He said that successful applicants are required to respond by April 15th, but he "expects" that I should receive a response by April 13th.

Well, today is April 6th and I still haven't heard anything. Should I send him one last email with the following questions?

- How many applicants have yet to respond?

- Historically, how many applicants from the waiting list are granted admission?

- Can you please email me ASAP if every applicant has accepted their offer?

On top of the other response deadline, I've been offered a 1 year contractual job that also depends on this decision. If I don't receive an answer soon, I can kiss that potential job goodbye. Someone please put me out of my misery!