MPH 2014!!

worldpeace

Absolute silence from Columbia here as well. From what I've heard, they're pretty notorious for being late on results. I would (try very, very hard to) remain calm until mid/end of February to early March.

haha... I asked one of my friends who's at Mailman, and she said that they would most likely start sending out notifications sometimes in March. 

I'm currently at Columbia MPH, and I was notified late Feb. for my acceptance into the MPH program. 

Did anyone who applied to the MPH at Columbia hear today about admissions interviews? I'm applying to HPM and received an email about an upcoming interview, and did not realize that was part of the admissions process...

In regards to this, from what I understand the new HPM program they are trying to transition to a MHA program so they might start interviewing for those who apply for this program (also there might be a difference between the executive MPH/MHA and Columbia MPH/MHA). I don't know as much information about the HPM program except from my friends who just finished this past Dec. 

• 1 month later...

I was notified of acceptance to Columbia's 2 year MPH (HPM) on 2/20 via email - then given a merit fellowship in a subsequent email. I had a phone interview with a current student at the end of January, but think that is HPM specific. Good luck everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

There is an old thread about accreditation here:

And I recently answered someone's similar question about this here:

In general, going to a program that isn't accredited by CEPH isn't the same thing as going to an unaccredited undergrad-- it doesn't mean that your degree isn't worthwhile. Many unaccredited public health schools just aren't accredited yet because it's a growing field and the school is new. However, there are important job and credentialing opportunities that require your degree to be from an accredited institution so you are closing off options if you don't go to one. Accreditation is not retroactive, so if your school gets accredited after you graduate that doesn't help you. Your degree will still be unaccredited forever.

Public health is a growing field, so I think for a while not all employers will be picky about this and certainly a "good" school that just didn't have accreditation yet will be fine with many. However, as more people graduate with the MPH and more schools gain accreditation, I think employers will have less reason to be flexible about it. Personally, I didn't apply to any schools without CEPH accreditation. Most well-respected programs are accredited, and it just seems like closing off options unnecessarily-- not the point of investing time and money in a professional degree.