Professional Plans upon completion

natfilm

There is a question in one of my apps (clinical psych phd) about my professional plans following graduation. Would it be too general to say that I want to do a post-doc? How could I be more specific about this, given it will only be in 5-6 years.

Also -there is only place for 500 characters. 

so i wrote post doc and what kind of place I would be interested in and then wrote tenure-track position at a university with research, teaching and supervision. Do I need to be more specific - i.e. what specific university, what specific research lab I want to establish? I feel like I'm just reiterating make goals for grad school. 

I don't think you should state a specific university because they may not be hiring and you don't want to give the impression you aren't open to going elsewhere.  I agree you should tie in your research interests which might also include the kind of research lab you want to establish.

Yes this is kind of reiterating goals for grad school, but perhaps you could be more specific than you were in your SOP.