Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

I had a really great conversation with my poi at Wisconsin last week aaaaand I still got rejected. Maybe they lost out in the meeting; who knows. Either way, it's looking like it's back to Asia with me!

Sorry to hear it Skylarking. I totally struck out for my anthropology goals. I have one more psychology MA application to wait on--prayers to the gods of academia.

Sorry about that folks. Wishing you the best in whatever you do!

Finally received the last of my letters today, so here are my results:

Accepted: Ohio State University (1/14), University of Kentucky (2/24)

Rejected: University of Georgia (2/20), University of Texas- San Antonio (2/27), Indiana University (2/28)

A little disappointing to received majority rejections, especially all in a one week period, but excited to know that I've been admitted to two great programs. Still waiting on funding.

Anyone else planning on attending OSU or UK in the fall?

I'll be attending OSU in the fall for archaeology.

Sorry to hear it Skylarking. I totally struck out for my anthropology goals. I have one more psychology MA application to wait on--prayers to the gods of academia.

That sucks that we both struck out :(

Thanks for the support, Forsaken and sarab. I'm actually excited about my potential internship/job, but it's still a major bummer after such a great conversation and a POI who was really interested in my research. I'm hoping good things for those of us still waiting to find out if they got in anywhere. 

Looks like I wont be heading to UI Chicago. Too cold anyway. 

screencheck, are you still waiting to hear official news from Vanderbilt and Tulane? What is UP with the waits this year!!? Especially in anthro, a discipline that typically involves partial or entire summers spent in the field...

screencheck, are you still waiting to hear official news from Vanderbilt and Tulane? What is UP with the waits this year!!? Especially in anthro, a discipline that typically involves partial or entire summers spent in the field...

yep I'm still waiting for Tulane, Vandy, Cuny  (presumed rejection) and the wait list for UCLA. not liking the waiting. 

Will anyone claim the U of T admit? If so, would you please PM me with your stats and chosen stream? Did your SGS status change before you heard from your supervisor?

Sorry to hear that skylarking. Maybe having contact with that POI will grant you an advantage in the future?

I hope so! I'm gonna email them next week and thank them again for talking to me and see if there's anything I can do to affect my chances for next year. I'm still a little upset I didn't get in, but I'm glad I at least got that feedback and validation that my project is interesting. And to be fair, I have chosen basically the most difficult country in the world to study. 

A little help and advice required! Anyone around here got any information on UARK? More specifically the Department of Anthropology Sociocultural track?

Any information even about UARK in general would be greatly welcome. PM me, please! Thanks in advance! :)

Good morning everyone!

I've been lurking for some time but finally decided to make an account. 

In response to ecologaia: I have visited Chapel Hill many times. It's a beautiful area! I actually live ~3 hours away from there, but it's the go-to area for the college students in NC for vacationing. You're going to love it.

As for admissions status: I haven't read this entire thread yet, so maybe someone already posted my results from these universities. But for my MA:

1. Purdue University: Admissions Denied. It looks like there was funding complications that prevented them from taking too many students in. I see that one lucky Ph.D. student got in, though! Congrats!

2. SIU Carbondale: Admissions Accepted! I've already accepted their admissions offer. I will be studying Biological Anthropology and focusing on Primatology there. 

3. CWU: It appears that I have been waitlisted... but seeing that many have already accepted admissions here, it's assumed that it will be a no. This was a back-up university. 

4. California State University Northridge: This was another back-up school and they take applications late (deadline is today, actually). I'm not worried about the results of this or CWU.

If I do get an offer from CWU or CSUN I will be declining. Hopefully if that's the case it will help someone out. 

My focus is Primatology, specifically the great apes (gorillas > orangs > chimpanzees > bonobos > gibbons/siamangs). It's nice to meet all of you!

Hi all, SIU-Carbondale just posted admission decisions on the system.  The dept already told me they couldn't accept me because the physical/forensics prof was only taking one PhD student.  Still waiting on Michigan State...