Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance recently!

FYI - to those who applied to U of T for their MSc or MA programs: I received my admssion package in the mail today, so the wait should be up for everyone soon! I live in Toronto, so I assume that it'll take a few more days for the mail to arrive elsewhere in Canada and the US.

Accepted by U of T as given advance notice by my POI through e-mail.  Funding appears to be $15k + tuition + health plan + incidental fees (whatever those are), and a bonus top up if I get some prestigious awards.  I'm not sure if this is standard for everyone, but she seemed pretty confident telling me that the letter she attached to the email was indicative of what I, and others, would be getting.

Just a follow-up, got my package in the mail today.  Funding info was correct, but it's only for one year.  I have to reapply for a second year.  Also the chance of getting an RA/TAship if I apply.  So, looks pretty good so far.

I also got my official letter from Memorial yesterday, I have been accepted under my POI but also co-supervised by a guy I never thought I would even have a chance with.  Funding is close to $12k a year, plus TA once a year for a semester.  I have some serious considering to do now.

I just declined my sociocultural PhD slot at Cornell, so if you are on the waiting list that might be good news for you :rolleyes: . It is an amazing program and would have been my top choice in an ideal world- only declined it because I couldn't in the end work out the logistics of moving to Ithaca with my spouse. 

anyone here got into stanford and not planning on going, im waitlisted and wondering what my chances are? Someone told me they have a small waiting list but usually people end up going....

anyone here got into stanford and not planning on going, im waitlisted and wondering what my chances are? Someone told me they have a small waiting list but usually people end up going....

I'm in the same boat, wait listed at BU. I'm hoping this will be an unusual year and I will get in but not holding out a lot of hope.

Edited by Whatthewhat

I'm in the same boat, wait listed at BU. I'm hoping this will be an unusual year and I will get in but not holding out a lot of hope.

I haven't heard ANYTHING from BU - can they at least reject me so I have a clear answer?

Just found out I've been wait listed for the MA at UBC... It's one of my top choices so I really hope I can get off that list!! No indication of how long the list is or where I am on it. 

Just found out I've been wait listed for the MA at UBC... It's one of my top choices so I really hope I can get off that list!! No indication of how long the list is or where I am on it. 

I wish they would let people know where they are on the wait list! It's so frustrating!

I wish they would let people know where they are on the wait list! It's so frustrating!

Seriously!! If there's no hope I'd rather just know now. This way I have to wait at least another week. 

Is it odd that I'm still waiting to hear back from West Florida? From past records in the Results section they have let people know in March and April, etc...I'm in contact with them and was told this past week that my application is Under Review, but seriously...how on earth can they wait this long to start looking through their applications?

Thanks everyone! I'm so happy to get some good news this late in the game. I'm still in a state of disbelief. :D

I hope everyone still waiting to hear gets some good news soon! I'm still going to have to wait to get official rejections from my waitlist schools before I go accepting anywhere else.