Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

From what I remember from last year, Arizona has a short and an extended wait list. They only initially email people on the short list, but do not reject people on the extended list just in case. However, it's extremely unlikely that those on the extended list will be made an offer: I'd treat it as a rejection for practical purposes, and be very pleasantly surprised if it turns out otherwise.

Ok, but if this were the case wouldn't there still be some rejections? The people that didn't make any list at all?

Ok, but if this were the case wouldn't there still be some rejections? The people that didn't make any list at all?

Sadly no. If I recall correctly from last year, they reject some people in their first round internally, and those who make the second round but are not offered a spot or a position at the top of the wait list comprise the extended wait list. But they do not send out rejections to either the internally rejected or the extended wait-list until after the class is full.

It looks so damn beautiful! (It would look nicer on a horizontal layout, but the blog has a different structure, so the vertical layout is understandable). 

Thanks.  I agree, regarding the horizontal layout.  I'm thinking about reformatting the entire blog.  The current structure is limiting.

This is immensely helpful. (One correction: at least some Arizona wait lists have gone out.) I'm surprised that so few rejections have gone out at this point.

You and ianfaircloud deserve Olympic gold! ... K, that was cheesy and unforgiveable.

Thanks, and congratulations on the Arizona wait-list.  I'm very jealous.

Replying to myself:  I know one person who will almost certainly be passing on an offer to Arizona, on account of a better offer (for this person, at least) at a top-ten.  So that should free up a spot.  I probably shouldn't say anything about this person's AOIs.

Thanks.  I agree, regarding the horizontal layout.  I'm thinking about reformatting the entire blog.  The current structure is limiting.

Thx! I do hope you hear positive news soon.

I can claim that, elipo.  I applied to eleven schools, and NYU is the first one I've heard back from. I am still in disbelief. I really had no expectations, as my writing sample was a bit.... unorthodox? Best of luck, everyone!

unorthodox in what way?  clearly it worked!