Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

I haven't been really keeping track of who go in where and what people's options are (aside from that guy  ;)), but even if what you say is true, I still don't see how nagging them about it at this point helps. Moreover, it creates unnecessary pressure on those who are honestly undecided--who are also apparently forbidden from having a thread for discussing their decisions on here. I'm definitely sympathetic to those who's hopes are entirely riding on the waitlist roulette and I agree that the nagging isn't the worst thing, but I can't see how it can be a good thing (at best neutral, at worst bad, because it creates undue stress/guilt in others).

Wait, who in the world said that people were forbidden from making a thread about their options? 

I don't think any of the above posts could be considered "nagging". If so, I want more people to nag at me with offer of cookies and drinks.

Wait, who in the world said that people were forbidden from making a thread about their options? 

I don't think any of the above posts could be considered "nagging". If so, I want more people to nag at me with offer of cookies and drinks.

I'll give you a years worth of cookies if you call USC and get them to reconsider me and then accept me.

It's the repeated nature of the requests that make them naggy. Anyway, I was being a bit off the cuff there about the forbidden thread. There was one, but then it got hijacked and massively derailed by a pedantic blowhard to the benefit of no one.

Vineyard's post is at -19... I don't know that I would quite call this being forbidden to make threads. 

I'll give you a years worth of cookies if you call USC and get them to reconsider me and then accept me.

You don't want to live in LA anyway. LA blows. 

I just got a letter from a school stating that they are missing a transcript (which they actually aren't missing anything, but for some reason the school got listed twice); my "decision status" reads "pending file completion." Does the fact that they haven't already rejected me and requested this file say anything about the possibility of acceptance...or is this just standard procedure for filing purposes, etc.? 

Anyone had a similar experience in the past (or during this season)??

I removed myself from the University of British Columbia waitlist. Hope this information helps someone!

I did not apply to this school, but I want to thank you for being so nice. Obviously it will help those who are on the wait list! 

Vineyard's post is at -19... I don't know that I would quite call this being forbidden to make threads.

I think what you mean is that I command immense moral authority in the face of a populous who wishes to put me down! :P

Yeah, looking back on that post it was probably pretty stupid. A thread about how people make decisions was no more useless than any other thread on here. I just thought that it would almost be wrong if someone was convinced to make a school decision based on how another makes a school decision, but then I found myself doing it and because I was doing it it seemed right so...yeah, my bad B)

The feeling of uncertainty is killing people. Most of schools have sent out acceptances and wait lists, but not rejections. For those who have not heard anything from these schools, they never know if they are on the secret, extended wait list or they are rejected. If it is the latter, then hope those schools will release rejections as soon as possible. Do not leave them behind, please.