Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Tulane? More like... Ustedlane...

I bet this would be really funny if I knew what you were talking about...

Edit: I just got it. Language joke. Been a while since Spanish class.

Edited by dgswaim

Anyone claim the 2nd Purdue accept?

I can claim it. This is my first good news so far. My AOI's are philosophy of religion and early 20th century philosophy.

Also, I've been lurking here all season, so I feel as though I know many of you pretty well, though you guys are just now meeting me. I also go to school with MattDest.

I can claim it. This is my first good news so far. My AOI's are philosophy of religion and early 20th century philosophy.

Also, I've been lurking here all season, so I feel as though I know many of you pretty well, though you guys are just now meeting me. I also go to school with MattDest.

Congrats! Hope the funding package comes through.

Congrats! Hope the funding package comes through.

Thank you! Hopefully you hear back as well. 

Re:status change.

No, the page looks the same as it did this morning. 

Edited by philadam

My offer came with a Puryear Fellowship, I'm not sure if that's standard or not. But if it's not then maybe other offers with other kinds of funding will go out later?

Edit: this is reply to the above about UMass

Edited by Hypatience

Does this mean that you've gotten an e-mail?

No, just saw Hypatience's post above mine after I finished writing mine. That she got a named fellowship explains why she's been to only one around here to hear from UMass so far. Also, congrats, Hypatience.

My offer came with a Puryear Fellowship, I'm not sure if that's standard or not. But if it's not then maybe other offers with other kinds of funding will go out later?

Edit: this is reply to the above about UMass

I think they normally give out a few of them. Not sure if they are transferable or not.

No, just saw Hypatience's post above mine after I finished writing mine. That she got a named fellowship explains why she's been to only one around here to hear from UMass so far. Also, congrats, Hypatience.

Ah, thanks for the insight.

Congratulations, Hypatience! Now I'm Hympatient for UMass news...

Edited by nietzschemarket

Thanks, Vineyard! I'm probably going to go to NYU, given how strong it is in all my AOIs, but I'll visit some other places just to be sure.

Believe me: I didn't expect to get in everywhere. I applied to some safety schools, but withdrew once I started hearing back from top tens. (The safety schools aren't in my signature anymore.)

What are your areas of interest ?

Edited by Pheminism

What are your areas of interest ?

They're broad: metaphysics, ethics, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of action. Whenever possible, I work on all of these at the same time. (Example: metaphysics of pain/pleasure.)

I'm also getting really into formal semantics, which is unbelievably fun.