Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Congrats to the IU HPS folks. Awesome program. They only officially accept the students that they can fund (maybe 3-5 straight off the bat...they don't accept 10 hoping for 5), so being waitlisted is very good news.

Edited by TheVineyard

Indiana Accepts -- personalized email or generic? 

I can claim one. Not very personalized, but they say that I am receiving one of their highest levels of support, plus a certain amount of supplementary summer funding. So the numbers seem personalized, if not the content, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if schools make offers in waves based on level of support, but, if they do, then this could just be the first of those waves?

Edited by Hypatience

I can claim one. Not very personalized, but they say that I am receiving one of their highest levels of support, plus a certain amount of supplementary summer funding. So the numbers seem personalized, if not the content, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if schools make offers in waves based on level of support, but, if they do, then this could just be the first of one of those waves?

Awesome, congratulations to you! You're sweeping up!

I don't want to say too much publicly! I did an MA that isn't namedropped on Leiter. My BA school was good, but not top ten, and for the most part I didn't focus on philosophy there. I'm interested in LEMMing stuff, especially mind. 

It feels good not to get rejected by Notre Dame. I mean, I didn't apply there...but it's nice not to feel rejected anyways.

I woke up today feeling rather happy and optimistic. Now I just feel... well... like shit.

I saw two (I think only two) UVA posts some days ago. Anyone know if all of their acceptances have gone out? Any info would be very helpful. Still 0a/0w/1r out of 19...going totally bonkers.

Also, same goes for UCSD and University of Chicago...anyone know how many offers have gone out/if they are finished making offers?

Also, same goes for UCSD and University of Chicago...anyone know how many offers have gone out/if they are finished making offers?

If you didn't get an offer from Chicago, it's very unlikely you will be admitted.  University of Chicago typically sends a round of initial acceptances-- and that's it.  No wait-list.  No later acceptances.  Etc.

I saw two (I think only two) UVA posts some days ago. Anyone know if all of their acceptances have gone out? Any info would be very helpful. Still 0a/0w/1r out of 19...going totally bonkers.

I also got a UVA admit. I didn't/haven't posted it on the acceptances page because it just seems like a bit of impropriety, but maybe I should? I still don't know how I feel about posting results, but if this information is helpful to you I figure I should at least say something here. So by my count that's five-or-so acceptances accounted for. Sorry, this is probably bad news.

I also got a UVA admit. I didn't/haven't posted it on the acceptances page because it just seems like a bit of impropriety, but maybe I should? I still don't know how I feel about posting results, but if this information is helpful to you I figure I should at least say something here. So by my count that's five-or-so acceptances accounted for. Sorry, this is probably bad news.

I take posting results to be a way of informing other applicants that acceptances/rejections/waitlists from some given school have gone out.  After all, many people in these forums have expressed the sentiment that silence is almost as bad as rejection.  Furthermore, I think having a sense of the number of acceptances that have gone out is helpful.  I hope that no one views posting acceptances as a way of showing off or something, which, I take it, is what you're worried about.  

Edited by Gnothi_Seauton

Were you the one who just posted the UVA result...or can I summon these things lol?!

Also, anyone know what's up with Vanderbilt? They've done an acceptance or two but I think that's it, so if anyone has info on that I'd be interested to know!

I talked to Professor Tlumak last weekend. They accepted 8 students and have a waitlist of 2 in case any of us don't take their offer. Not sure if they have notified those in the waitlist yet. Good luck!