One month after submitting, NOW they tell me application is complete

NoChance

Just wondering if this is normal. Mid-December I applied to Penn. Since they have rolling admissions for my program I was happily waiting the one month they said it would take to hear back. January 15th rolls around, I'm naturally checking my application status like a maniac, and the status mysteriously changes from "Submitted" to "Completed". I emailed them to see what that change meant (I had assumed Submitted meant Completed), and got a stock response saying that "completed" meant all of my materials were in and my application had been sent for review. Weird since all of my materials were in at least a week or two before I submitted. So I guess this means waiting another month. It just sucks because as I understand, the earlier you apply in rolling admissions, the better. Hopefully this doesn't diminish my chances, especially for funding...

Anybody else run into this before?

It often takes a while for schools to switch the status officially. Probably those who applied January 15 won't see it listed as "complete" until later, maybe February. I think sometimes they send the materials to departments LONG before they update online. Don't worry! Sending you app in early still benefits you, I'm sure.

I submitted my UCLA application over a month ago (and the deadline was on December 15th) and the website still says "submitted"! But I don't think I have any reason to be concerned.

i had the same situation with george washington, i submitted my application on december 1st  and it's only yesterday that i recieved a mail letting me know my application was complete . SMH

Edited by livenlearn

I just received a letter that one of mine is incomplete. Weirdly, I am taking that as a sign that I interest them, since they took the time to notify me instead of throwing my application in the shredder. Positive thinking makes life easier!

Hah thanks for the confidence boosters guys. This waiting game is way more fun than I expected. Either way I've still got two months left for Harvard and Stanford. Trudge on!