2014 Notifications / Acceptances / Rejections Calendar

mlk

I thought, with the notices of of acceptances and rejections beginning to trickle in, that I would start a topic where we could post the date we received said notice and how (website, e-mail, phone call).... So other people can know if they haven't gotten an interview, etc (seeing as admissions committees are always SO timely in notifying those they have rejected).

Im wondering if interview notifications come through email or phone or mail as i am having a snail mail crisis. My mail lady went on vacay and lost the key to my building, they havent been delivering mail for 2 weeks now and they werent planning on telling us either. I had to call the post office to see whats up. This might be my weirdest experience with a municipal force.

Yes, I did in fact see that. But I thought it would be nice if we could discuss things in a bit more detail and not amidst the results of other disciplines.

typically (from browsing threads from past years) this all happens in the all art admissions freak out thread. But I guess popular opinion will decide whether we buck the trend this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes! I am checking the results search more times than any normal human being would I am sure. Where are have you applied?

This is my first time posting-new to this site!

Hey Sareejane! I am an MFA ceramics applicant too. Where all have you applied? Edited by PrettyPrettyPrincess

Supaslim and PPP,

Good luck! Is your ceramic work functional or sculptural? When were your deadlines? For me Alfred and Arizona were Jan 15th and the other 3 schools were all February 1st. I know it hasn't been THAT long since I applied but I just have no patience with waiting--lol. I usually have a lot of patience-but I guess my whole life hanging in limbo right now is just unnerving. If I get in anywhere, my husband and I and our 3 year old son will be relocating. Big changes. :)

Mine are in my signature too. Alfred, Arizona State, Ohio University, Tulane, University of Nevada, Reno

Hi Sareena, I'm applying to ASU & Nevada-Reno too but I'm in Printmaking :)

I'm applying to UGA, UNL and got rejection from UNL, wait list from UGA. Now waiting from ASU so bad :(

My work is technically functional? I make a lot of jars and carve celtic knots and welsh folk stories into them. The aesthetic is most important, and the whole concept of the vessel, but they could technically be used. I do make some that can't be considered functional though, like giant pots (~4 feet tall) and jars with the lids tied to the jar with fancy knots. http://www.smartinart.tumblr.com/tagged/ceramics

My deadlines were pretty late compared to most schools, it seems. Edinboro was Jan 15, Nebraska Feb 1, Montana Feb 12, and Florida's is tomorrow, Feb 21! So even though I'm getting antsy, it's a little silly, because two of my schools have barely had time to look at applications, or haven't even started yet. I should be hearing from UNL in the next couple days though... Really nervous about that. I'd love to go there.

I'd love to see everybody's work, by the way! Portfolio links?

Hey supaslim!

I really like the carving on your pots and love the the texture that the rope adds to those pieces overall. :) Thanks for posting the link to your tumblr- I had never thought of using tumblr as an online portfolio until I have the time and money for a dotcom site. I uploaded a lot of my stuff this morning and still have more photos to post as well as medium descriptions but here is what it is so far.

http://sarahwebbhaltom.tumblr.com/

Hope you all are having a good day!