Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Ahhhh a fellow Jordan ETA finalist!! Hey :)

Good to know I haven't been the only one basically dying from waiting. I can't even imagine having to wait for the decision twice, so PROPS

Yeah, I don't know why I did this to myself. It feels like emotional abuse. Good luck! Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later.

So, Germany ETA tends to know relatively early right? 

Good luck, everyone!

2011-2012 Germany ETA here. If I remember correctly we were towards the middle of notification groups. I don't know if ya'll still do the spreadsheet (such joy, such pain), but there were several countries that knew before we did.

So, Germany ETA tends to know relatively early right? 

Good luck, everyone!

Others have been speculating that, since we've heard back earlier from Fulbright than applicants from years prior, we might also here from Germany a bit earlier, too. I am personally hoping we'll hear something around the 20th of this month, but I'm doing my best not to be TOO hopeful. In any case, every time I see an unread email from now until we know makes my heart start pounding.  :P

Good luck to you, as well!

yes! I have an art related proposal to India... anxiously waiting to hear back 

Anyone with an art related proposal ? 

I really wish I could know about everyone's projects!! Do you guys think there's any danger/disadvantage to sharing our project plans publicly at this point? I've been back and forth about it in my head. I suppose interviews will be over next week, as far as I can tell so far--at least for the UK.  What do you all think? I see that almost nobody has shared any details about their proposals, so I'm guessing you've all been thinking about it like I have.  What are your opinions about it?  (Also, if anyone is just dying to tell someone about their awesome and exciting project, feel free to message me! I LOVE talking research!)

yes! I have an art related proposal to India... anxiously waiting to hear back 

I have an anthropology related proposal to India, nice to see another applicant and best of luck!!

Hey guys,

I need to buy a plane ticket soon to go to a conference in Asia, but if (knock on wood) I get the Fulbright and there is a Taiwan orientation in D.C. it's going to be hella extra expensive to get back to the States if I don't book a roundtrip. (Did that make sense? Well anyway I'm so confused about what continent I'll be on this summer I can't figure it out either.)  Anywho there is a list of countries under the orientation with all the dates as TBD on the recommended students' page but Taiwan isn't one of those listed. Does that mean there isn't an orientation? I guess I'll have to buy my tickets assuming I didn't get the scholarship (because to do otherwise would be to jinx the whole thing) but just wondering if anyone had the scoop.

Hope somebody hears back today! This forum is actually helping me get through my readings. I don't let myself hit refresh on this or my emails until I read at least one journal article. Procrastimotivation!

加油!

Edited by taiwantroubadour

Hey guys,

I need to buy a plane ticket soon to go to a conference in Asia, but if (knock on wood) I get the Fulbright and there is a Taiwan orientation in D.C. it's going to be hella extra expensive to get back to the States if I don't book a roundtrip. (Did that make sense? Well anyway I'm so confused about what continent I'll be on this summer I can't figure it out either.) Anywho there is a list of countries under the orientation with all the dates as TBD on the recommended students' page but Taiwan isn't one of those listed. Does that mean there isn't an orientation? I guess I'll have to buy my tickets assuming I didn't get the scholarship (because to do otherwise would be to jinx the whole thing) but just wondering if anyone had the scoop.

Hope somebody hears back today! This forum is actually helping me get through my readings. I don't let myself hit refresh on this or my emails until I read at least one journal article. Procrastimotivation!

加油!

Have you looked at Taiwan's country page on the Fulbright website? I don't know which Grant you applied for, but it does not list a PDO as a requirement for the research grant and the ETA section explains that the orientation will begin once you are in country. Hope that helps!

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/taiwan

Have you looked at Taiwan's country page on the Fulbright website? I don't know which Grant you applied for, but it does not list a PDO as a requirement for the research grant and the ETA section explains that the orientation will begin once you are in country. Hope that helps!

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/taiwan

Wow, Thanks RRachel1! Very helpful at relieving my plane purchasing anxiety. :) Best of luck to you during this period of waiting!

Hey everyone - I just got accepted to the UK university I want to use the Fulbright for (University of Exeter)! :) I asked Maria Mazer (IIE Program Mgr for Europe/Eurasia) if I needed to send my Offer Letter to IIE, since the Fulbright Award is conditional upon university acceptance, and she had me forward it to her, saying she'll forward it to the UK Fulbright Commission. Just wanted to let you all know in case you've been accepted at your respective universities - sending the offer letter might better our chances of getting the Fulbright! Good luck to us al!!! 

Dear Diary, 

It is now day two of the supposed "Fulbright Final Notification" period... I haven't slept well in two weeks.

Waiting...

*jeopardy music begins playing*

Who needs sleep?

Hey everyone - I just got accepted to the UK university I want to use the Fulbright for (University of Exeter)! :) I asked Maria Mazer (IIE Program Mgr for Europe/Eurasia) if I needed to send my Offer Letter to IIE, since the Fulbright Award is conditional upon university acceptance, and she had me forward it to her, saying she'll forward it to the UK Fulbright Commission. Just wanted to let you all know in case you've been accepted at your respective universities - sending the offer letter might better our chances of getting the Fulbright! Good luck to us al!!! 

Major, Major congrats!!!!! I remember feeling like waiting for Fulbright overshadowed the excitement I felt about being accepted into my dream MSc program-- But why?! It's a huge deal! We got into GRAD SCHOOL! **happy dance**  Cheers, and best of luck in the rest of this waiting game!

On another note, I haven't sent my offer letter to IIE, and now I'm thinking maybe I should/should've.  I got my offer the day before my interview, so I did mention it to them. Now I am thinking that, perhaps, I should send it to Maria Mazer as well. 

Did you speak with Jeana for your interview? She's the one I told-- I emailed her that morning.

Major, Major congrats!!!!! I remember feeling like waiting for Fulbright overshadowed the excitement I felt about being accepted into my dream MSc program-- But why?! It's a huge deal! We got into GRAD SCHOOL! **happy dance**  Cheers, and best of luck in the rest of this waiting game!

On another note, I haven't sent my offer letter to IIE, and now I'm thinking maybe I should/should've.  I got my offer the day before my interview, so I did mention it to them. Now I am thinking that, perhaps, I should send it to Maria Mazer as well. 

Did you speak with Jeana for your interview? She's the one I told-- I emailed her that morning.

Thank you Rosy - getting that "Offer Letter" email made me exceedingly happy! Congrats to you too, btw! :) I would send her the letter anyway, just to be safe. You never know! I never got an interview invite, so I'm hoping that just means that my application alone was enough to portray my awesomeness. LOL I love that this thread exists and that we don't have to go through this waiting period alone! 

CONGRATULATIONS!  That's awesome!!!  

I just read "I just got accepted" and freaked out and ran to my email...then I realized I should have read the rest of ur post. Congrats! Still hoping to hear for fulbright soon!!!!!

A little Dr. Suess life synopsis for us all: :lol:

The Waiting Place……for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
We are  just waiting.
:)

Hi!! This is so exciting! No I have not met one other person applying to Moldova.  Yes, I submitted and was recommended.  Are you applying for research or ETA?

i applied for research and was recommended. currently playing the waiting game like everyone else. this whole process is literally nail-biting.