Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Come on Fulbright, give us more good news!!!! I dreamt that today would be the day I find out, so this wait is absolutely killing me! I think I have spent more time refreshing my e-mail than I have on studying/homework this entire semester. I can't wait to find out so I can finally go back to being a good student! Haha.

Fingers crossed for everyone!!!! (or, as the Germans say, Daumen drücken!)  :)

Who knows, applicants for Germany just might find out today--not that this is a solid prediction, but in previous years, Spain's ETAs and Germany's grantees found out on the same day, soooo let's hope the Commission is running on a similar timeline this year. My sanity depends on it. Haha.

Edited by psych_33

So I've got a question about orientation. It says that for Europe research/study dates are July 29-31. Is that for ever country, or just the ones listed? The way it looks to me is that it's for every, and the listed ones are ETA. However, my grant says it starts in the middle of July, to give me a six weeks practicing Irish before starting the MA. Does anyone know for sure, or should I email the Commission in Ireland?

So I've got a question about orientation. It says that for Europe research/study dates are July 29-31. Is that for ever country, or just the ones listed? The way it looks to me is that it's for every, and the listed ones are ETA. However, my grant says it starts in the middle of July, to give me a six weeks practicing Irish before starting the MA. Does anyone know for sure, or should I email the Commission in Ireland?

I think it's just for the country's listed? Indonesia has its own orientation in country at the start of the grant so it's not on the list since it has a separate one. Probably best to email the Commission for confirmation though!

Edited by nsnotable

Who knows, applicants for Germany just might find out today--not that this is a solid prediction, but in previous years, Spain's ETAs and Germany's grantees found out on the same day, soooo let's hope the Commission is running on a similar timeline this year. My sanity depends on it. Haha.

Would't that be amazing?

I am guessing that it is going to be march 27th or march 30th though, based on previous years and the competition for Germany ETA with Austria USTA

Would't that be amazing?

I am guessing that it is going to be march 27th or march 30th though, based on previous years and the competition for Germany ETA with Austria USTA

I'm not sure I can wait two more full weeks. My job is boring enough that I can refresh this forum every five minutes.

@psych_33: I'm another German research hopeful, and also a Michigan alumna. Go blue! Hope things work out for us.

I'm not sure I can wait two more full weeks. My job is boring enough that I can refresh this forum every five minutes.

@psych_33: I'm another German research hopeful, and also a Michigan alumna. Go blue! Hope things work out for us.

I have a very important paper to finish today and a draft of my thesis due friday... and i can't stop checking my email.

I am just hoping that this week proves to be so busy that I don't have time to think.

I feel like I cannot wait another two weeks!

I have a very important paper to finish today and a draft of my thesis due friday... and i can't stop checking my email.

I am just hoping that this week proves to be so busy that I don't have time to think.

I feel like I cannot wait another two weeks!

Sending all solidarity vibes. Hopefully you can burrow yourself in the papers. Viel Glück!

For people who are applying/have applied and accepted an ETA for the Fulbright:

Did you bring family or a partner along, or do you plan to? My partner is currently awaiting further correspondence, of course, but I'd like to hear if anyone has had to deal with/or plans to be spending 10 months in Germany with nothing to do.

Naturally, I'd like to do some tutoring (or anything really) to earn some euros, but I have no idea if I'd absolutely need to get a work visa to offer English tutoring. I imagine that's my best bet at contributing a little, monetarily at least. 

Has anyone else had experience with getting part-time work as a spouse/partner of a ETA recipient?

Hi folks, first time poster here.  Too nervous to keep my mouth shut!  I hope we all get accepted...

Eurasia for research is July 29-31! :)

And yes it does include links for all the orientations.

Here's the website itself: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/resources-for-pre-grantees-2015-2016

If it doesn't work for any reason just let me know and I'd be happy to give out dates!

This helps tremendously, nsnotable.  Thanks so much!!  I planned on going on a summer program in NY July 11-31, but *if* I receive the Fulbright, I won't be able to overlap both. (Study/Research in Europe meets July 29-31... I wish it was 8-10th, lol).

My NY summer program's deadline is this Friday... Could we please get results within this week?!

Edited by MilAlegna

Yess, I'm right there with you, I can't wait much longer! & Geh blau!!! I am soon to be a Michigan alumna, so long as I am able to keep my mind off of fulbright/DAAD/grad school applications long enough to finish my honors thesis this semester :)

Which city are you hoping to go to?

Edited by psych_33

For people who are applying/have applied and accepted an ETA for the Fulbright:

Did you bring family or a partner along, or do you plan to? My partner is currently awaiting further correspondence, of course, but I'd like to hear if anyone has had to deal with/or plans to be spending 10 months in Germany with nothing to do.

Naturally, I'd like to do some tutoring (or anything really) to earn some euros, but I have no idea if I'd absolutely need to get a work visa to offer English tutoring. I imagine that's my best bet at contributing a little, monetarily at least. 

Has anyone else had experience with getting part-time work as a spouse/partner of a ETA recipient?

Hey! A friend of mine brought her husband with her while she was doing her ETA in Germany. If you have some specific questions I can forward to her I'm more than sure she'd be willing to answer them. Just PM them to me.

From the link nsnotable posted the Fulbright site states:

"The Fulbright Self-Service Portal will be available to selected candidates starting Friday, March 20, 2015."

That must mean there will be a lot of notifications going out this week.... Right?

Yess, I'm right there with you, I can't wait much longer! & Geh blau!!! I am a soon to be a Michigan alumna, so long as I am able to keep my mind off of fulbright/DAAD/grad school applications long enough to finish my honors thesis this semester  :)

Which city are you hoping to go to? 

hopping on this because i am also a germany candidate!

what is your honors thesis on? i am currently "writing" my honors thesis, and by that, i mean that i am refreshing this page and my email every five minutes.

are you hoping for a particular city in Germany? I love southern germany and have really loved nuremberg, so i ranked bayern as my first choice. I am also particularly interested in dialects, so if I were placed in the middle of nowhere in Bayern, I would find that really cool in a different way :) I also love Karlsruhe, so I ranked Baden-Württemberg second.

From the link nsnotable posted the Fulbright site states:

"The Fulbright Self-Service Portal will be available to selected candidates starting Friday, March 20, 2015."

That must mean there will be a lot of notifications going out this week.... Right?

I was just checking out our "Copy of Notification Dates" spreadsheet linked to our 2015-2016 spreadsheet and according to last year's notification dates, it seems that starting this week and continuing for the next three weeks, 5-7 countries will be notified every week.  So we should have a lot more news over the next four days!

Edited by RRachel1

what is your honors thesis on? i am currently "writing" my honors thesis, and by that, i mean that i am refreshing this page and my email every five minutes.

are you hoping for a particular city in Germany? I love southern germany and have really loved nuremberg, so i ranked bayern as my first choice. I am also particularly interested in dialects, so if I were placed in the middle of nowhere in Bayern, I would find that really cool in a different way :) I also love Karlsruhe, so I ranked Baden-Württemberg second.

Hi ladies,

I'm applying to Berlin. I did my masters research there and would like to go back to continue investigating my thesis question.

Hi everybody! I just found this group a few days ago and I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one freaking out! My friends and family are tired of hearing me talk/stress about Fulbright on a daily basis but it seems like everyone here get it!! I'm stress-refreshing my inbox like there's no tomorrow!

I am using a similar "writing" process, haha! My thesis is on ADHD and neuropsychological assessment (more specifically the executive functioning deficits associated with the disorder and how they differ among the subtypes of ADHD in clinical testing.) luckily, I'm using data from a pre-compiled database at a neuropsych clinic, so I really just need to do a bunch of literature review stuff and data analysis. I'm SO glad I don't have to collect any new data because I know I'd never finish on time if that were the case. What's your thesis on?

I actually applied for the Fulbright study/research grant to enroll in a Master's program in Neuro-Cognitive Paychology at LMU-Munich. If I end up getting it, I am going to be so ecstatic! What could possibly be better than spending time in Munich AND getting a graduate degree with minimal expenses, right?!

Edited by psych_33

Hi everybody! I just found this group a few days ago and I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one freaking out! My friends and family are tired of hearing me talk/stress about Fulbright on a daily basis but it seems like everyone here get it!! I'm stress-refreshing my inbox like there's no tomorrow!

Hi! Welcome to our craziness! :) Which country/scholarship did you apply for?!