Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

I haven't gotten an email about missing transcripts or anything being lacking from my application, plus all the correspondence I've had about Fulbright (mainly the CLEA award) with Marla have gone straight to my email. I'm freaking out a little stressed but I'm thinking it'll come by the end of the week or at the very latest next Tuesday.

Yeah, mine were not "lacking" per se, but I sent my transcripts through Interfolio, which is a third party service to send confidential documents and such. And apparently they want them sent directly from the school, or directly from the applicant in a sealed envelope. 

Because you have had correspondence about the CLEA award, I imagine you are pretty much in. :) 

So I had an email exchange with the FPA at my alma mater today. Her emails suggest she knows something but wouldn't say it. At least that's how it came across to me. Do you guys know whether the FPAs are informed before applicants or vice versa? I contacted her because the wait is really getting into me and now I'm even more frustrated. What's the big idea UK?

My FPA forwarded me the email saying I got an ETA position in Andorra a day before I got the email, but that might be because the spam filter on my .edu email address is crazy. In any case, best of luck!

So I had an email exchange with the FPA at my alma mater today. Her emails suggest she knows something but wouldn't say it. At least that's how it came across to me. Do you guys know whether the FPAs are informed before applicants or vice versa? I contacted her because the wait is really getting into me and now I'm even more frustrated. What's the big idea UK?

My FPA told me that she receives and email at the same time I do informing her of my status. I would assume it is the same across the board for all FPA. Fulbright is pretty consistent with everything they do. 

Good Morning Everyone! Welcome to the Morning Watch!

I woke up from 3 separate dreams last night where I was just checking me email repeatedly.  In one of them, I got an email from IIE, but they were just asking me some random questions.  

Anyone else experiencing these weird dreams?!

I woke up from 3 separate dreams last night where I was just checking me email repeatedly.  In one of them, I got an email from IIE, but they were just asking me some random questions.  

I had a dream where, despite applying for an ETA, I got sent on a research/study to Bulgaria, and then suddenly my primary objective became raising an army and reuniting the kingdom of Croatia.

I woke up and thought, "Wtf?" I've been playing too much Crusader Kings II...

I woke up from 3 separate dreams last night where I was just checking me email repeatedly. In one of them, I got an email from IIE, but they were just asking me some random questions.

Like remember that one time we all got an email from Fulbright and thought it was notice of recommendations but it was just a Survey? That was a great day!

Yes to the dreams. Had one where my phone battery went dead and there were no outlets in any buildings anywhere. Panic. :)

Like remember that one time we all got an email from Fulbright and thought it was notice of recommendations but it was just a Survey? That was a great day!

Yes to the dreams. Had one where my phone battery went dead and there were no outlets in any buildings anywhere. Panic. :)

I wanted to like this post but i have to save my likes beacuase today is going to be the day!!!! I will preserve my likes so I can  like to the maximum when we all recieve our emails!

Hi everyone! Constant lurker on this forum over the last 4-5 months. I just wanted to share my update.

Yesterday at about 12:30pm PST, I received an e-mail letting me know that I have received an ETA grant to Colombia! I'm beyond thrilled. Now another wait begins to hear more details- where the assignment is, funding details, dates, orientation, all that good stuff. But I've got enough paperwork to complete and submit in the meantime to keep me busy!

I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences on this form, and I wish absolutely everyone the best of luck! I'll be back here as more decisions come in and more information becomes available to all of us.

Cheers!

Edited by JeffCMoran

Hi everyone! Constant lurker on this forum over the last 4-5 months. I just wanted to share my updated. I received an e-mail yesterday at about 12:30pm PST letting me know that I have received an ETA grant to Colombia! I'm beyond thrilled. Now another wait begins to hear more details- where the assignment is, funding details, dates, orientation, all that good stuff. But I've got enough paperwork to complete and submit to keep me busy.

I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences on this form and wish absolutely everyone the best of luck! I'll be back here as more decision come in and more information becomes available to all of us.

Cheers!

CONGRATS that is awesome news! So happy for you!

Hey everybody, I'm a longtime lurker and I decided to finally introduce myself. I'm an applicant for ETA in Turkey and anxiously awaiting updates. Best of luck to everyone and congrats to those of you who've already received good news!

so um,... I'm very cautious to mention this...

The professor who wrote my affiliation letter has sued his school for not extending his professorship...

(One is to retire at 65, renewal possible up to age 70.  I just found out he was born in 1950.)

I desperately want to study music in Germany.  Is that too much to dream?  Please send me anyway...!