Missing materials??!

ianfaircloud

I had in mind a situation where the adcom had a batch of applicants that were definitely rejected--no hope of making a wait list even if initial and secondary acceptances were turned down. 

I suppose it's possible. I guess we'll see next week!

Yeah I reported what I heard, although it doesn't mean what I reported is in fact true (although I'm inclined to think it is). Still, I agree that it's quite unusual for USC to announce this early and am also not sure of what to make of rejections coming before acceptances if that is indeed what the person I spoke with implicated (as I said, he/she said nothing of the sort explicitly). 

As for the bigger issue: I would recommend you call the department directly if you're concerned. Apparently the application that the ad comm looks at is different from the application that the Graduate Admissions Office (at large) works off of. And for us at this stage, it's the former that matters not the latter.  I should add, that the person I spoke with assured me that the scanned copy would suffice for the ad comm. 

Here's the number I called: (213)-740-4084. Hope this helps. 

Very helpful!  I appreciate it.

Lurker here. I, too, received the USC email this morning and just got off the phone with them. They found the transcript and say they'll have it merged with the rest of my app within the next 1-3 days. The guy also said that, though he is not on the committee, the decisions should be released within a month.

Good luck all.

Edited by ProspectiveGradStudent

I'm also applying to USC, also got the email because my transcript was apparently put in a separate file. 

The person I spoke with said that my file has been accessible to the department, but it would have been marked as incomplete. She said they "probably" looked at it anyway. 

They found the transcript and say they'll have it merged with the rest of my app within the next 1-3 days. 

They said the same thing to me. Seriously?

I'm also applying to USC, also got the email because my transcript was apparently put in a separate file. 

The person I spoke with said that my file has been accessible to the department, but it would have been marked as incomplete. She said they "probably" looked at it anyway. 

They said the same thing to me. Seriously?

"Probably"?!  Yikes. Did you speak to someone in the Phil department or someone in the graduate admissions office?