Hunter MSW Fall 2014

SenegalRPCV

I just found out I was accepted!! I'm so excited and relieved.  This was just a week after my interview, so they seem to move pretty quickly after that initial stage.  

Good luck to everyone!  

If anyone else is attending the advanced standing track, feel free to message me!  I might possibly be looking for a room mate in East Harlem

Hi all! I applied to Hunter's Fall 2014 MSW program back in January but found out on March 3 that they never got one of my transcripts (due to weather-related delays... right) so I hand delivered the transcript on March 4. I still haven't heard a word about an interview or anything. I am so afraid because I've already been rejected by Fordham. Anyone else having a similar experience? Has anyone not heard anything yet? Do you think this means I'm likely going to be rejected? Thank you for any words of wisdom!!

Hi all! I applied to Hunter's Fall 2014 MSW program back in January but found out on March 3 that they never got one of my transcripts (due to weather-related delays... right) so I hand delivered the transcript on March 4. I still haven't heard a word about an interview or anything. I am so afraid because I've already been rejected by Fordham. Anyone else having a similar experience? Has anyone not heard anything yet? Do you think this means I'm likely going to be rejected? Thank you for any words of wisdom!!

Hi,

I don't think it means you've been rejected (they would have told you that already if thy had come to that decision.)  I know many people in my classes now that still haven't heard back from any schools they've applied to.  Most of them applied right around the deadline.  I believe Hunter's deadline was Feb. 12, with an additional two weeks to hand in supplementals.  I say just keep calm and try not to freak out too much :)

(I know that's easier said than done.)  Just keep reminding yourself that you've done everything you could.  Good luck!

finally moved from "pending dean decision" to "final decision" 

bracing for rejection :)

Let me know what you hear. I just called today about my 'pending dean decision' and they said the decision has not been made yet, you will know within the next month!!!! cruel and unusual punishment is how you treat me Hunter!

finally moved from "pending dean decision" to "final decision" 

bracing for rejection :)

If it says final decision, then you should be able to access your decision via a link at the bottom of the splash page when you log in. Scroll down, there should be a link to the decision.

Oh man, you're putting me on the edge of my seat here!

If it says final decision, then you should be able to access your decision via a link at the bottom of the splash page when you log in. Scroll down, there should be a link to the decision.

Oh man, you're putting me on the edge of my seat here!

Hahaha can't believe it's been available since 2 PM and I didn't see it

Well I got rejected, but I honestly wasn't even expecting an interview, just started to stress and come here compulsively since I first was asked to interview. 

Oh well, guess I'm going to Fordham (only applied to 2 schools, prices were very much a factor)

@StanleeCelloni: Sorry to hear about Hunter, but congrats on Fordham! I haven't heard anything definitive from ANY school yet.

Did Hunter send you an email/any notification, or was it just available on your application page? 

@StanleeCelloni: Sorry to hear about Hunter, but congrats on Fordham! I haven't heard anything definitive from ANY school yet.

Did Hunter send you an email/any notification, or was it just available on your application page? 

I still haven't gotten any email notification. I only found out because I was so compulsively checking my application status page on their website. One week after my interview my status changed to "pending dean decision" and then 2.5 weeks after that it changed to "final decision" and the link to the results was available at the bottom of the page

Ugh, my status still says "Skype interview" even though it was 8 days ago. It's starting to make me nervous, can't wait to just...know.  :mellow:

Edited by MaggieDot

I was rejected by Hunter the first time, got straight A's in three classes at Fordham, then reapplied for Hunter and was accepted. For anyone that was rejected this time, but still thinks Hunter is the right school for them, I encourage you educate yourself at another school on the social work mission and issues within the profession, then apply again! It worked for me =) 

If I'm not accepted to Hunter's program this time around, I'll probably try to find a job in social services in NYC and move there anyway. That way, if I reapply and get in, I'll be eligible for in-state tuition. Set on NYC, as you can tell, haha. 

I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed until I get a decision from the school. 

Still "pending interview" and cutting it real close to my Columbia deadline....  :unsure:

I am pending an interview as well. Happy that there was finally a change in my application status.

I applied to community organization and am still waiting. Hopefully soon then!

ssllove unfortunately, they don't interview by method. I interviewed in early February and there were applicants from each of the different methods present. Of course, since their clinical program is their most popular, the majority of applicants there were applying for that method.

From what I've heard, they interview on a tier system, meaning their strongest applicants interview first.  Of course, you also have to take into consideration how soon you applied, that is to say, you could be a very strong applicant who applied much closer to the deadline than a less strong applicant, and therefore get a later interview date than that less strong candidate.  But generally speakinng, they try to interview the stronger candidates first.

Once you interview, the response time is pretty quick. I interviewed on a Thursday and found out I was accepted the next Friday (8 days later).

Good luck to you and I hope to meet you in the fall!

Does anyone know when Hunter sends out financial aid? I was accepted about two weeks ago and they've already received my FAFSA. (I know CUNy tuition is inexpensive compared to other schools, but $6,000+ a semester is still expensive for me)

Thank you so much for your help!

Over two weeks later and still pending interview with no email or anything. Tried calling and no response, will keep trying. A little frustrating. My app was complete later than many so I'm trying to be patient but I don't wanna be that person constantly asking other schools for extensions. Also, it's not that much cheaper for me than Fordham given that I'm out of state so all in all I'm not terribly impressed with navigating the admission dept here vs the other two I've applied to.

:unsure:

Edited by ssllove

When did your application become complete sslove? Mine became complete on 02/25/14, and I still don't have any sign of progress. I tried to call today too and the guy who is in charge of my application's voicemail said to call back on Friday between 3-5pm if it pertains to your application status.

When did your application become complete sslove? Mine became complete on 02/25/14, and I still don't have any sign of progress. I tried to call today too and the guy who is in charge of my application's voicemail said to call back on Friday between 3-5pm if it pertains to your application status.

Submitted 2/1 and complete 2/4/14

Edited by ssllove

Just found out I was accepted today after reading 'Pending Dean Decision' innumerable times per day since my interview in early February, with my application being submitted 12/12. Judging by other users who heard back rather quickly following their interviews, I must have been a tough call for them. 

I was set on going to WashU in St. Louis (the only other program to accept me), but now I have no clue. 

Did you find out via email or website. I also interviewed early Feb and it has said pending dean decision for months! I must bit an even tougher call....

On 3/27/2014 at 6:36 PM, asd2t said:

Just found out I was accepted today after reading 'Pending Dean Decision' innumerable times per day since my interview in early February, with my application being submitted 12/12. Judging by other users who heard back rather quickly following their interviews, I must have been a tough call for them. 

I was set on going to WashU in St. Louis (the only other program to accept me), but now I have no clue. 

Did you find out via email or website. I also interviewed early Feb and it has said pending dean decision for months! I must bit an even tougher call....

Seems that everyone finds out via the website, and it was the same for me. It'll say Final Decision at the top then you scroll down to the new link

I had already viewed Hunter as a rejection because it was taking so long while others were getting accepted so soon after interviewing...I have no idea why mine took longer than others, really. 

Im in the same boat, seeing it as a rejection cause it seems other people find out so quickly. But your story has given me a bit of hope :-)

Seems that everyone finds out via the website, and it was the same for me. It'll say Final Decision at the top then you scroll down to the new link

I had already viewed Hunter as a rejection because it was taking so long while others were getting accepted so soon after interviewing...I have no idea why mine took longer than others, really.