USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

Just received an email that I have been wait listed for csulb...

I was already rejected from Csula and csun...

I'm waiting on one more school and that's csudh...

USC is still accepting applications till may 1st....

I'm thinking of trying there just in case but idk since the deadline for USC has already past.

Do you all think it's even worth the try to apply to USC now?

It seems like most ppl are getting into USC

Anyone know the acceptance rate for USC?

Is anyone still waiting to hear from USC MSW VAC Fall 2014 cohort for decision rounds? I applied February 3, 2014 currently 11 weeks since I submitted my application and haven't heard a word. I called my advisor to check the progress but she keeps saying that they received an unusually high number of spring applications and that they are just now getting to Fall 2014 apps. I have seen many other people getting their decisions for the Fall Cohort but I haven't yet. I am really starting to get discouraged :(

Is anyone still waiting to hear from USC MSW VAC Fall 2014 cohort for decision rounds? I applied February 3, 2014 currently 11 weeks since I submitted my application and haven't heard a word. I called my advisor to check the progress but she keeps saying that they received an unusually high number of spring applications and that they are just now getting to Fall 2014 apps. I have seen many other people getting their decisions for the Fall Cohort but I haven't yet. I am really starting to get discouraged :(

Yes I am in the same boat as you! Completed application same day, 2/3, for Fall 2014 cohort MSW VAC and still waiting.

I did get an email a few weeks back asking for my patience stating the same thing that they told you when you called your advisor. So good luck, try to keep positive and hopefully we will hear soon.

I just received and email from csulb.

I was rejected.

I feel depressed

I think I will need a psychologist now

Ive been rejected from csula, csun, and now csulb

There is only one other school and thats csudh

I read a friends admissions essay and her essay was horrible

I cant believe that none of these schools wanted me

Does anyone know of any other schools still excepting applicants for MSW?

I just received and email from csulb.

I was rejected.

I feel depressed

I think I will need a psychologist now

Ive been rejected from csula, csun, and now csulb

There is only one other school and thats csudh

I read a friends admissions essay and her essay was horrible

I cant believe that none of these schools wanted me

Does anyone know of any other schools still excepting applicants for MSW?

I'm sorry to hear that, I would recommend writing or calling csudh and asking when you should be expecting to hear a response. Don't lose hope!

Also were you put on "pending status" first at csulb? Or did they just email you giving you the new?

I'm sorry to hear that, I would recommend writing or calling csudh and asking when you should be expecting to hear a response. Don't lose hope!

Also were you put on "pending status" first at csulb? Or did they just email you giving you the new?

yes i was on pending status at first but then they sent me another email saying i was basically rejected.

everything from csulb was by email so was csun.

only csula sent me an actually rejection letter through the postal mail

this really sucks a lot.

its like i really had my heart set on this and its a major let down

i feel hopeless...

yes i was on pending status at first but then they sent me another email saying i was basically rejected.

this really sucks a lot.

i feel hopeless...

feels like ive been stabbed in my heart

punch in my throat

and kicked down a flight of stairs

:(  :(  :(

this really sucks a lot.

i feel hopeless...

Well you still have one last school so just keep that last bit of hope alive! I also applied to csudh and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure if they have sent any letters back but they should soon

Well you still have one last school so just keep that last bit of hope alive! I also applied to csudh and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure if they have sent any letters back but they should soon

Also may I ask your stats: gpa, experience...

thanks... i appreciate that...

yeah i dont think csudh has sent very many letters out.

I think they will becoming through the mail.

I called the department and they said it will be sometime at the end of may

3.3 and about a year of experience working in a assisted living facility (not exactly social work) but something.

thanks... i appreciate that...

yeah i dont think csudh has sent very many letters out.

I think they will becoming through the mail.

I called the department and they said it will be sometime at the end of may

I will post on here when I hear back from them though :)

But try and not feel so discouraged! I know it's hard. If all fails you still have next year ;)

Yeah I know thanks!!!!

I'm not guaranteed next year...

Idk I'm older I'm 28, single, no kids and

I want to live my dream, start my life and career already...

But thanks I appreciate your encouragement

Just got wait listed at USC for fall 2014.... only school I applied to....applied just before Feb 15th deadline.....I think Feb 6th, found out April 25... Got a letter in the mail saying I was on Priority Waitlist, and that they consider me a very qualified student for the program but due to space restrictions cant offer me a seat. I wonder if a lot of people get put on this wait list......

Just got wait listed at USC for fall 2014.... only school I applied to....applied just before Feb 15th deadline.....I think Feb 6th, found out April 25... Got a letter in the mail saying I was on Priority Waitlist, and that they consider me a very qualified student for the program but due to space restrictions cant offer me a seat. I wonder if a lot of people get put on this wait list......

sorry to hear  that! i hope you get in... a lot of students change their minds later and hopefully you get a spot. i was rejected from 3 of 4 schools and the last school i havent heard from... so i will be reapplying next year... who were your letters of rec from? whats your gpa? how was your personal statement? what volunteer and work experience did you include on your resume?

I received an acceptance letter from CSUDH (3 year accelerated program) on April 16th. The letter was dated April 14th. I'm very happy especially since this was the only school I applied to. I submitted my app October 18th so the process took forever. I'm sure you'll receive an acceptance letter soon. Good luck!

Do you mind sharing more details? Thx!

Did they only notify you through mail?

Did you receive an email?

Did your status on the website change?

How long did they give you to accept admission?

I received an acceptance letter from CSUDH (3 year accelerated program) on April 16th. The letter was dated April 14th. I'm very happy especially since this was the only school I applied to. I submitted my app October 18th so the process took forever. I'm sure you'll receive an acceptance letter soon. Good luck!

im waiting to hear back from them...