USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

Got an email from csulb about 40 minutes ago stating they're barely looking at my application. I turned in my application 2/14 . And shortly after the email they called me because i sent in 4 letters of rec and they are only going to look at 3 (boo i thought they would be like csudh that allows you to send an optional 4th letter of rec). Now time to wait  :unsure:

Any news from CSUDH? I applied late January, I know its probably too soon for me to get a decision but still haven't heard of anyone being accepted...

I just spoke with Ms. Lightburn from CSULA to confirmed they received my application bc they never sent me a notification. I asked when is the latest I'll know if I am rejected/accepted and she said by the end of May! 

blah  :wacko:

Just got my acceptance today to the CYWF concentration at CSULA!! I was totally not expecting it anytime soon!

OH GOD! 

congrats! When did you apply!! 

and was it email??

Edited by lber

OH GOD! 

congrats! When did you apply!! 

and was it email??

Thanks! I applied on 11/18 and the acceptance came via mail in a large manila envelope. Good luck, and hope you hear something soon!

Thanks! I applied on 11/18 and the acceptance came via mail in a large manila envelope. Good luck, and hope you hear something soon!

thats five months... thats a long freaking wait.. 

totally worth it, congrats! 

How long did it take USC MSW applicants to hear back on their application? I applied to the  USC MSW VAC program Feb 3, 2014 and haven't heard anything yet. I am nearing the 7 week mark and starting to get a little antsy!

How long did it take USC MSW applicants to hear back on their application? I applied to the  USC MSW VAC program Feb 3, 2014 and haven't heard anything yet. I am nearing the 7 week mark and starting to get a little antsy!

I applied on November 14th and heard back on Feb 10th. 

Same as elbimbo, I applied on November 15th and heard back February 10th!

Same as elbimbo, I applied on November 15th and heard back February 10th!

I applied November 15th and yup was accepted on the 10th via email. 

I applied to CSULA on 1/13 and CSULB on 2/11.

I received a rejection letter from CSULA today. Haven't heard from CSULB yet.

I was rejected from CSULA as well. Can you post some of your stats if you don't mind?

@tallguy - 3.1 GPA, 2 years of volunteer experience, 10+ year HR exp, Psych B.A.

Oh man :( if you were rejected I am sure I'll be receiving a rejection letter from CSULA too.  :(

To those who have heard from CSULA, do they contact you through the GET portal or just your regular email? I applied during the same time frame and haven't heard anything.. I'm probably going to be rejected since CSULA is more competitive due to its price. 

Hi Everyone,

Received an acceptance email from csun - 2 yr program. Hoping the letter was a mistake since I had preference in the 3 year program. Still haven't received anything from csula...

Hi Everyone,

Received an acceptance email from csun - 2 yr program. Hoping the letter was a mistake since I had preference in the 3 year program. Still haven't received anything from csula...

Congratulations! You can email them? I also prefer the 3 year program. I had an interview over a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them.. I emailed Tiffany yesterday and hoping to get some answers today (whether good or bad so I can just move on already). 

Congratulations! You can email them? I also prefer the 3 year program. I had an interview over a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them.. I emailed Tiffany yesterday and hoping to get some answers today (whether good or bad so I can just move on already). 

Thank you. Yeah I emailed her asking if there may have been an error as I applied for the 3-year program. Yes, hopefully they will follow up with you soon. It seems they are moving pretty quick with the applications. I interviewed on 3/17 and received the emailed response last night! Best of luck!