USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

Thank you. Yeah I emailed her asking if there may have been an error as I applied for the 3-year program. Yes, hopefully they will follow up with you soon. It seems they are moving pretty quick with the applications. I interviewed on 3/17 and received the emailed response last night! Best of luck!  

Just FYI, CSUN's faculty and staff email are down this week so they might not have received the email. You can maybe try calling them? I will try to call them as well. 

How long did it take USC MSW applicants to hear back on their application? I applied to the  USC MSW VAC program Feb 3, 2014 and haven't heard anything yet. I am nearing the 7 week mark and starting to get a little antsy!

I heard back on Friday

I wonder how long it will take to hear back from USC. This is what I get for submitting my application February 14th

I applied February 3 and haven't heard back yet! I am almost to the 8 week mark! Hoping to hear a decision soon :)

Just got my acceptance to USC via email this morning. Applied Feb. 14th.

For those who have been accepted, when did they notify you about scholarships? Will it be on the official letter they send via snail-mail?

Huge desire to go--been a SC-hopeful since I was little. But I'm worried about the debt. 

For those who have been accepted, when did they notify you about scholarships? Will it be on the official letter they send via snail-mail?

Huge desire to go--been a SC-hopeful since I was little. But I'm worried about the debt. 

I got my acceptance email last Friday and got my official letter on Wednesday , but I live in Boston so if you live closer you might get yours sooner. The scholarship was not that great and the person I spoke to basically told me I'll be taking out a lot of loans

How does USC expect students to pay for the program? I got a scholarship of 5500. When I spoke with one of the reps she told me that was a pretty good amount.

Amante3, I also received this scholarship when I was accepted to USC. However, I had also applied to another endowed scholarship and called USC shortly after being accepted to ask when I would be hearing back about that one. I was told that they would not evaluate applications for these scholarships until mid-April after all students have been accepted. I'm not sure if this applies to all scholarships!

What cohort did you all apply to? I submitted my application on Feb 3 for the Fall 2014 cohort. I am hoping to attend the MSW VAC progtam. I am really starting to get nervous seeing people who submitted after me getting their acceptances :(

Hi kjrife2009,

I am on a similar boat as you. I submitted my application on January 29 for the Summer 2014 cohort for FT. Seeing people who have applied later and getting acceptances is making me nervous as well. However, congratulations all to the above!

I'm just hoping that we get confirmation if our application was rejected so we aren't waiting anxiously......anyone in the same boat?

It seems like acceptances go out on Fridays, so i guess it might mean we have to wait another week or so.

At the same time, no news is good news? 

Good luck to those who are still waiting. 

What cohort did you all apply to? I submitted my application on Feb 3 for the Fall 2014 cohort. I am hoping to attend the MSW VAC progtam. I am really starting to get nervous seeing people who submitted after me getting their acceptances :(

I too submitted my application on Feb 3 for the Fall 2014 cohort MSW VAC.

Three days ago I recieved a check-in email from my admissions advisor letting me know that - "They have received a high volume of applicants applying for the May 2014 start date, so as those are winding down over the next few weeks they will be giving more priority to August 2014 applicants."

@bluebark314- who is your admissions advisor? I'm having a hard time getting responses back. The admissions coordinator has been great at responding but any email or questions of mine that she has forwarded to other people, I have never gotten a response back.

Everyone is probably very busy and piled with emails, but it seems some people are getting responses back.

When you talk about the May 2014 start date - are you talking about the MSW VAC? I wasn't aware that the FT/PT MSW program was being offered in May. Only aware that there is a Summer term (June Start) and then Fall term(September Start).

Hope you can clarify! Thanks.

@bluebark314- who is your admissions advisor? I'm having a hard time getting responses back. The admissions coordinator has been great at responding but any email or questions of mine that she has forwarded to other people, I have never gotten a response back.

Everyone is probably very busy and piled with emails, but it seems some people are getting responses back.

When you talk about the May 2014 start date - are you talking about the MSW VAC? I wasn't aware that the FT/PT MSW program was being offered in May. Only aware that there is a Summer term (June Start) and then Fall term(September Start).

Hope you can clarify! Thanks.

The May 2014 cohort I referenced is for the MSW VAC.

Feel free to PM me for the advisor's name, not sure that I should post their name publicly on forum without permission. They emailed me, was not a response to any emails that I sent. I have not tried emailing requesting any info (yet), so no experience with that so far.

The May 2014 cohort I referenced is for the MSW VAC.

Feel free to PM me for the advisor's name, not sure that I should post their name publicly on forum without permission. They emailed me, was not a response to any emails that I sent. I have not tried emailing requesting any info (yet), so no experience with that so far.

My advisor said the VAC program was only offered for Fall and spring terms! So strange. I am hoping we all get our decisions soon. This wait is torture!

For those who've applied to CSULA...on the CSULA GET page, do you all have a yellow triangle="incomplete", or does it say "complete"? Mine was complete before, but now it's incomplete. I'm not sure if this changed because my app is being reviewed or what...

Anybody see the same thing?

YES!  i got the same thing. I emailed them about it and they told me it was complete.

Today I got a letter in the mail that I'm waitlisted :( / :)

YES!  i got the same thing. I emailed them about it and they told me it was complete.

When did you apply? 

I havent heard back ANYTHING from them since I was told they received my app.  and im getting anxious to call. 

Seems this page doesn't really mean much since I was accepted a few weeks ago but my CSULA GET page still has a yellow triangle. I believe it stays there until they've gotten all your official transcripts and such (if you're still attending school or completing a pre-req).