USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUDH MSW 2014

Gnessa19

For those who've applied to CSULA...on the CSULA GET page, do you all have a yellow triangle="incomplete", or does it say "complete"? Mine was complete before, but now it's incomplete. I'm not sure if this changed because my app is being reviewed or what...

Anybody see the same thing?

For those who've applied to CSULA...on the CSULA GET page, do you all have a yellow triangle="incomplete", or does it say "complete"? Mine was complete before, but now it's incomplete. I'm not sure if this changed because my app is being reviewed or what...

I don't even know how to navigate that website...

I don't even know how to navigate that website...

Once you sign in with your CIN and PIN click on Self-Service, then Student Center and it should be at the bottom of the page.

Me too!! Mine is just blank. 

That's weird! Not sure what happened there...

Once you sign in with your CIN and PIN click on Self-Service, then Student Center and it should be at the bottom of the page.

That's weird! Not sure what happened there...

Omg, so silly of me. I guess I wasn't navigating the site correctly! Thanks for the instructions. I was beginning to worry if they received my application or not. Mine also has the yellow triangle. However, when I look at Application Status it says 'Initiated'. Hmmm, I sure hope the incomplete is a glitch. 

Got rejection letter from CSULA today... :(

Did they send it to your regular email or through GET? I applied on the deadline date so it might still take a while for me.. Keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason.  :) You still have two schools! 

I just checked my GET and I still have the yellow triangle :/ about a month ago it was complete. I tried calling admissions last week but of course I was on hold forever and had to hang up :/ 

Still haven't heard from any school I applied to :unsure:

Hi Everyone,

Like most, I am also at that nervous point and hate the waiting game. Last year I made the mistake of submitting my MSW app to only CSULA and was rejected. This time around, I submitted my app to CSUN and CSULA. I will also be mailing my app to CSUDH (I know it's very last minute, but it was a last minute decision). I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in CSULA (top choice)!

How was the interview process for CSUN? are the questions intimidating? I noticed there is a writing assignment as well, any feedback would be awesome! :)

The interview was pretty relaxed, and it's a group interview of 6-8 people being interviewed by two faculty members. They assign each person a number and when asked a question, they go down the row starting at number 1, so I was number 3, which means I had to think much quicker on my feet than people who were larger numbers. They ask questions that pertain to your background education, personal/professional reasons why you want to pursue an MSW, etc. There's also a small group exercise where you are given a prompt to read with your group and discuss it. Then each person shares a small part of what the group discussed. Lastly, the writing assignment was nothing too serious! just asked to write about how you felt about the interview/group exercise. Hope this helps :)

I just checked my GET and I still have the yellow triangle :/ about a month ago it was complete. I tried calling admissions last week but of course I was on hold forever and had to hang up :/ 

Still haven't heard from any school I applied to :unsure:

Mine says the same and I thought it meant I was rejected, but then I got an acceptance letter and was informed that my application status is marked as incomplete because I have not yet graduated with my bachelors (will graduate in May).  Hope this helps and good luck! :)

Mine says the same and I thought it meant I was rejected, but then I got an acceptance letter and was informed that my application status is marked as incomplete because I have not yet graduated with my bachelors (will graduate in May).  Hope this helps and good luck! :)

When did you apply and when did you receive your acceptance?

Received a rejection letter from CSUN. 400 applicants they could only accept 100. Said a lot of qualified applicants were rejected.

Can you provide stats? I was also rejected from CSUN. Also rejected from CSULA. That last two school I applied to CSULB and UCLA seem like long shots now. 

Can you provide stats? I was also rejected from CSUN. Also rejected from CSULA. That last two school I applied to CSULB and UCLA seem like long shots now.

I have a 3.47 gpa. Undergrad: business manamagement from CSUN. I provided a letter of recommendation from a CSUN professor. Have 4 years' of experience working with older adults. CSUN's program is new, they don't have room to accept everyone. I am on CSULB's pending list.

Received a rejection letter from CSUN. 400 applicants they could only accept 100. Said a lot of qualified applicants were rejected.

Oh man, I am fearing the worst now. I still haven't heard from CSUN, had an interview over a month ago.. I am also doing my undergrad from CSUN so all my prof recs are CSUN profs. Ugh, I really want to go to CSUN.  :( Still waiting for CSULA but I've heard that they are even more competitive. 

Hi Everyone,

Couldn't help myself but I contacted CSUN today and was told over the phone that applications are still under review and that interviews are to be scheduled soon. Don't lose hope! 

So I received an email last night from CSUN inviting me to interview with them next week! Really excited yet nervous at the same time :) Still have not heard from CSULA..

So I received an email last night from CSUN inviting me to interview with them next week! Really excited yet nervous at the same time :) Still have not heard from CSULA..

Good luck! I'm sure you will do well!  :D

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am also in the same boat as many of you. I have yet to hear from UCLA, I am on pending status with CSULB, and was accepted into CSULA yesterday. Good luck to all of you.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am also in the same boat as many of you. I have yet to hear from UCLA, I am on pending status with CSULB, and was accepted into CSULA yesterday. Good luck to all of you.

when did you apply to csula?