Yale FES Master's Program F14

moneygram

My boyfriend is waiting. He says they typically don't announce until the first couple weeks of March because they have to wait for financial aid results.

EDIT: He's waiting for MESc.

Edited by ERR_Alpha

There already are some results posted to TGC for Fall 2014. Presumably, some are PhD applicants that did not make the cut, but were offered admission to the masters program. If it's like last year, they will release decisions on a rolling basis each Friday from late January through early March. If you hear before March, it's probably good news. If you don't hear until then, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Since financial aid applications are not due until 2/15, most decisions will be released after that date.

I applied for the MEM program, but after meeting with faculty and thinking about my interests, I think the MESc is a better fit. The professor I met with said it was easy to switch between masters programs at FES once you are in--all you need is a willing faculty advisor for the MESc.

Best of luck to everyone.

Edited by pabloenvivo

HI I am also waiting for the MEM at Yale. I noticed that pabloenvivo you have also been admitted to the Bren School at UC Santa Barbara, any thoughts on that in terms of how it compares to the other more established schools like Yale and Duke? Also did you receive any funding from Bren? 

I've been accepted to both Yale and Bren, along with one other program. No word on funding from either one yet, but both indicated that any financial offers would be made in early March. I think Bren has a great reputation--sort of the Yale/Duke of the west coast, especially for coastal management, which is what I'm primarily interested in. I'm under the impression both schools will still be making more offers, so I wouldn't be too nervous yet!

Waiting to hear from Duke, however, is killing me...

Also waiting for Duke! This waiting is awful, mostly because it feels impossible to focus on anything else. Congrats memmma on Yale and Bren. Any idea yet which is your preference? And just out of interest, when did you hear from Yale?

I'm waiting for the Yale MEM decisions, but I did hear back from Duke two weeks ago, with a 20k funding offer too! I've seen a few other MEM decisions trickling in, which worries me, but nothing to do about it! Also applied to UChicago MPP and Columbia SIPA.

Also waiting for Duke! This waiting is awful, mostly because it feels impossible to focus on anything else. Congrats memmma on Yale and Bren. Any idea yet which is your preference? And just out of interest, when did you hear from Yale?

Same here! I'm checking my mail after every few minutes. I think I'm getting mentally disturbed due to this waiting!

I heard from Yale weirdly early - Jan 24. I'm interested in coastal management, so for that reason Bren probably ranks above Yale for me, but Yale has such a great program that I'm definitely not ruling it out. Sort of waiting for financial information and visits to work everything out. I also got a really great offer from UW's Master's of Marine Affairs program, so that's a very strong contender for me.

I also just heard good news from Michigan/SNRE yesterday! Only waiting on Duke at this point, which is a bit of a bummer since it's right at the top of my list, but I really can't complain.

Massive congrats on all the great offers! I only applied to three but at least now, with one really good offer (and I think the programme is a super fit), Im far less anxious than I was before.

I also heard good news from Yale on Jan. 24, and from Bren about two weeks later. No funding decisions from either school yet, and no word from Duke so far either. It sounds like these schools all over the place time-wise in terms of releasing admissions decisions!

Pretty much feel that I am not in with a chance on Yale. If they have been sending acceptances for a month I'm guessing we are just waiting for the rejections, but I wish they wouldn't keep me waiting.

I don't think that's necessarily true - from what I've heard, Yale and Duke both continue releasing acceptances into March. I'm wondering if it has something to do with how early you submit your application (even though they're not technically rolling admissions...).

I got admission in FES Yale - MEM. Got result in 25 Jan 2014 via email. I think being a Fulbright Scholar they have released my result quite early. 

Any one ....with admission result from FES Yale?

I am still waiting on Yale and Duke... I have been admitted to Indiana University's MPA/Masters of Environmental Science program and SNRE though no word on funding. I was under the impression that Duke, Yale and Michigan all gave decisions in March but from everyone's results it seems like it is now rolling? 

I got admission in FES Yale - MEM. Got result in 25 Jan 2014 via email. I think being a Fulbright Scholar they have released my result quite early. 

Any one ....with admission result from FES Yale?

Im also Fulbright and still waiting so dont think this is necessarily the reason! However, they didnt realise until yesterday that I am applying through the Fulbright programme, so maybe they did notify others earlier.

The waiting is the worst part so far for me. I feel silly for being so anxious since I already have two acceptances but this weekend I saw 6 bulldogs (Yale's mascot is handsome Dan the bulldog) while I was running errands and it was driving my crazy! 

Handsome-Dan.jpg