Tufts, anyone??? Wait Listed

Hello! 

I just got wait listed at Tufts and I could not be more thrilled!!!! Well, perhaps if they admitted me, but still, you get my point . . . Anyway, just wondering a) did anyone else get wait listed? Is anyone in, but not accepting the offer? c) I'm not familiar with this whole process (first round applicant), so can anyone tell me the chances of actually getting off of a wait list for a Ph.D program? This is my ultimate dream school, and I'd love to get a sense of what the atmosphere looks like as far as who's in, who else is wait listed, and what my chances might be!

Edited by rachelann1991

Hi! I was accepted there. As it is my first acceptance, I can't say whether or not I'll accept it. I'm a first round applicant too, so I don't know much either :) 

Hi! I was accepted there. As it is my first acceptance, I can't say whether or not I'll accept it. I'm a first round applicant too, so I don't know much either :)

Congratulations!!!!!! Hopefully we'll be colleagues at Tufts :) :) :) What an amazing first acceptance!!!!!!!

Hello! I'm currently at Tufts and was in the same position when I applied- put on the waitlist, rejected that year, and then accepted the year after. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the program and the waitlist (I don't have any insider info about the admissions process, but I'm happy to talk about the program and my experience :)).

Hello! I'm currently at Tufts and was in the same position when I applied- put on the waitlist, rejected that year, and then accepted the year after. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the program and the waitlist (I don't have any insider info about the admissions process, but I'm happy to talk about the program and my experience :)).

Thanks so much for the offer to PM; your perspective definitely means a lot :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...