A Heartening Mindset

Danochka

My mom called me today to relay a message of encouragement from a friend of hers, who has a PhD and works in the university system. This friend said she was *delighted* that it was taking a thousand years for the various programs to get back to me.

According to her, the longer you wait for news, the higher up the list you have gotten. She warned that it takes a long time for them to sort through the very best applicants and get the offers ironed out, and that no news is definitely good news when it comes to grad school applications.

I'm still praying for an acceptance any minute now, but I do find that her outlook is an encouraging one. It makes the waiting a little less dreadful.

My mom called me today to relay a message of encouragement from a friend of hers, who has a PhD and works in the university system. This friend said she was *delighted* that it was taking a thousand years for the various programs to get back to me.

According to her, the longer you wait for news, the higher up the list you have gotten. She warned that it takes a long time for them to sort through the very best applicants and get the offers ironed out, and that no news is definitely good news when it comes to grad school applications.

I'm still praying for an acceptance any minute now, but I do find that her outlook is an encouraging one. It makes the waiting a little less dreadful.

Thank you for sharing the notes. I had heard nothing from my 8 schools yet. 4 of them had already made offers and I am experiencing a difficult period. According to the result board, I don't know what to believe, because acceptances always are earlier than rejections. I am already on my way giving up hope on this year. But still, I like your post.

Btw. I am international applicant . I don't know if there is a timing difference. Edited by WendyWonderland

I imagine it's different for different programs. I don't think anyone's been rejected from MIT explicitly yet, for example.

...But who cares! I'm just going to be optimistic and assume this is the case about the schools I've yet to hear from. :)