MFA Acting Applicants??

AwesomeBird

YO! There is life on Mars.... OMG it's torturous! You're so used to going on auditions and waiting a week TOPS for feedback so two months is painful. I'm waiting to hear from UCLA, UNC at Chapel Hill, and Old Globe at USD. Did not get a call back from Yale, USC, or UCI. 

I checked the responses from last year for MFA Acting.  Looks like it's mostly mid-to-late March when people were posting about accept/rejects from MFA programs last year with wait list acceptances coming as late as May.  Guess we have to hang tight, but looking that up was at least helpful.  Maybe I won't obsessively check my email next week at least.

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS AN MFA FOR ACTING THAT IS SO COOL O___O

+erhem+

Seriously, this forum has taught me so much about other programs! That's a wicked cool field! :D Good luck to both of you!

I checked the responses from last year for MFA Acting. Looks like it's mostly mid-to-late March when people were posting about accept/rejects from MFA programs last year with wait list acceptances coming as late as May. Guess we have to hang tight, but looking that up was at least helpful. Maybe I won't obsessively check my email next week at least.

Yeah, first year applying.  Waiting on USD, UNC/CH, UVA, FSU/ASOLO. I also applied to UCI and UCSD but no call back so I'm not really waiting on those.

So... I'm realizing UNC's deadline for applications is in May.... and I cannot find ANYWHERE on the site that outlines when we should have a decision. I did hear from the department head after my audition and he said he would be in contact after 2/10, but since then... silence. I've been trying to fight the urge to contact the program because I know they're busy and don't want to be bothered. Have you heard anything?? I guess there's nothing to do but wait... but I'm having that freak out moment where I think "what if I don't contact them and they assume I'm not interested, or what if they forgot about me??"  I know. I have to stop... but still.

Found this thread because I have been freaking out about results as well and have been searching the internet to see if anyone has posted anything about acceptances.  This is my second time applying to grad school.  Did not get a callback from UCSD, Yale or UCI and I am now waiting on UCLA and USD.  I participated in the URTA auditions as well and got an acceptance from a school through their auditions.  Have to give that school an answer by March 10th but I'm hoping to hear from UCLA or USD by then, although that may be expecting too much!  Good luck to everyone, I know how you all feel!  I think the anxiety in waiting for an answer is worse the second time going through this process!

Found this thread because I have been freaking out about results as well and have been searching the internet to see if anyone has posted anything about acceptances.  This is my second time applying to grad school.  Did not get a callback from UCSD, Yale or UCI and I am now waiting on UCLA and USD.  I participated in the URTA auditions as well and got an acceptance from a school through their auditions.  Have to give that school an answer by March 10th but I'm hoping to hear from UCLA or USD by then, although that may be expecting too much!  Good luck to everyone, I know how you all feel!  I think the anxiety in waiting for an answer is worse the second time going through this process!

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask to which program? I'm waiting on those two as well as UNC... USD I kind of expect a rejection, just because I know they are one of the more competitive of all the super competitive programs. I did that thing yesterday where you search to see if you can find any acceptances... I see one girl was accepted to UCLA on the 22nd! Which freaked me the EFF out because the last round of their auditions wasn't even a week before that. She is from Texas, which was their first round of auditions... so, what Im thinking is they admit/reject people from Texas, then people from NY, then Chicago, then Los Angeles. I am also wondering they will accept a guy/girl from each city.... wow. I really need to stop.

Edited by AwesomeBird

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask to which program? I'm waiting on those two as well as UNC... USD I kind of expect a rejection, just because I know they are one of the more competitive of all the super competitive programs. I did that thing yesterday where you search to see if you can find any acceptances... I see one girl was accepted to UCLA on the 22nd! Which freaked me the EFF out because the last round of their auditions wasn't even a week before that. She is from Texas, which was their first round of auditions... so, what Im thinking is they admit/reject people from Texas, then people from NY, then Chicago, then Los Angeles. I am also wondering they will accept a guy/girl from each city.... wow. I really need to stop.

Do you know how many people UCLA takes?  I applied to their program and auditioned for them at the URTA's in San Francisco (Feb 8th I believe) , and got invited back to two rounds of "callbacks" that day.  I can't say that I felt all that great about the second callback.  I'm also realizing I should have applied to more programs, but the whole process of applying is so expensive.  So I only applied to the programs I was really interested in.  I don't want to say anything about the URTA school because they specifically told us not to talk about offers.  But I'll definitely let you know if I decide to go there.  :)  Anyway, who knows what each school's process is.  i have a feeling that a lot of them "build" their classes, giving offers to their top candidates and going down the list from there.  So offers could be made through April.  Torture.  Absolute torture.  

It's crazy expensive and right around the holiday time . I feel like I'm only now getting my finances back to normal.  I feel like it's under 10 people for UCLA, but of course I could be wrong. I LOVED the UCLA audition process. They do such a good job at recreating what it would really feel like to work with them, and how it would feel for them working with you. You can see the appreciation for the casting process and how careful they are to, exactly, "build" the right team. Great program. I wonder how the URTA auditions compared to the private ones for UCLA. I had never considered URTA before, but I think if it doesn't work out this year I am defintely going to opt for them next year.

Anyone hear anything yet? Awesome bird sorry for the late reply had a busy past few days. Honestly I can't remember when I got results the last time. I was 24 and now I'm 31. Ha! Waited a long time to apply again. :)

Nothing yet.... crickets. I got an email maybe a week ago from UCLA letting me know applications were under review and if they need anything they'll be in contact, but that's all.  Haha, I thought I'd ask thinking it was last year you applied. That's awesome that you're giving it another shot. This industry definitely rewards tenacity. I've already made the decision to deal with a lifetime debt of loans to be repaid if I get accepted. It's just one of those things, ya know?

If I were in your position, I would probably contact admissions and let them know you have an offer that you have to respond to by the 10th. That's what, Monday? Make sure you leave them enough time to respond, ya know? I wouldn't want to accept an offer without knowing for sure if I had a chance or not at my program of choice.

Thanks awesomebird! I actually did that today. Didn't contact USD though because I feel like that one is a shot in to the dark. Hopefully the other school will respond to my email before Monday.