Research Experience

What do you mean by research courses? Undergraduate courses in research methods? I don't think that would count.

I have research experience in psychology. This means: proctoring experiments, entering data, submitting/presenting posters/papers at conferences, data collection (calling participants to get information), etc.

Research experience in general means assisting in the research process, so it would have to be related to a current study (not a course), unless you do a research project for such a class. That project may count.

I got my BA in Psychology and was part of several different research labs as an undergraduate. I also had to write a research thesis for a class and I choose autism as my area of research. I did an independent study as part of this thesis. I really enjoyed doing my own project!

1.5 years of undergrad research experience in an Applied Psyc Lab and post-grad research at Johns Hopkins.  My undergrad research sparked my interest in communication science before I had any idea about CSD/SLP programs.  If I had only known sooner...

Sorry...courses do not count for research experience.  Though, I'm not sure how important it is in SLP/CSD to have research experience, unless of course you are planning to pursue a PhD.

Now that I think of it, my website may count. But it really depends on how you define research. Did I have to do a whole lot of research to put it together? Heck yes. So some people count that as being research (I got credit for 'research' for one of my school's awards). But I assume doing research means being involved in conducting studies, which I was not, hence the reason I say no. Doing a research project is much different than doing a research study.

I also took research courses (psych and econ major, there's really no getting out of that). I took Research Methods, Tests and Measurements, and Econometrics. And for Econometrics and Tests and Measurements we had to do our own 'studies' (body dysmorphic disorder for T&M and a model predicting movie grossing for Econometrics). But again, I don't think any of that counts.