UVa Curry - anyone else apply?

JackOfStyle

The results board is rather quiet concerning Virginia, and I think Curry looks like a nice place to be. Did anybody else apply or interview there? I'm going for PhD, but just curious about others' experiences with them.

Applied for a PG-MT (Post-graduate Masters in Teaching, Secondary biology). It's a two years masters plus teacher cert. Haven't heard from them. My Praxis scores came in late (blech) so I don't know if that compromised anything. Granted, it's the most expensive program on my list (worse than Columbia!) 

I applied for Educational Psych, which is actually through Curry. I talked to my POI back in October I think, and she was really nice. Unfortunately, though I applied for the Ph.d I was deferred to the Masters, which kind of makes my decision for me, but I've still only heard good things about UVA.

Edited by likemythesis

I applied for Educational Psych, which is actually through Curry. I talked to my POI back in October I think, and she was really nice. Unfortunately, though I applied for the Ph.d I was deferred to the Masters, which kind of makes my decision for me, but I've still only heard good things about UVA.

Do you mind if I ask who did you applied to work with?

I earned my BA in English from UVA and am applying to the PGMT in Secondary English.

Does anyone know how competitive this program is?

I called the office, and they said admission offers should be out by this week.

I got my BA in English too! 2006-2010. Who knows, we might have crossed paths at some point  :)

Yay! I just checked and had a decision yesterday (no email!) for admission to their Post-Graduate Masters in Teaching program in Biology. :) Can't wait for my other decisions to roll in! *FINGERS CROSSED!* 

I'm also interested in finding out who you wanted to work with...if you don't mind. Thanks!