NPSIA 2014 Fall Applicants

lahdeedah

Actually, Mandarin chinese do have grammar but it is completely different than european languages. Compared to chinese, japanese may be harder regarding the multiple pronunciations of one kanji (chinese usually has one), and grammar can be really complex. I hope to pass the second hardest level of japanese next december. If i succeed, i'll try chinese !

I suppose Chinese does have grammar, but I see it more as sentence structure.

Good luck on passing Japanese! Just note that you can be easily confused with the kanji when you are reading the Chinese characters, as they have different meanings.

It looks like its only for the first year. The offer letter says "when accepting or declining, you will be able to do so for the first year of the funding only. Your decision will be applied automatically to all subsequent years".

You can check online on Carleton Central. My letter said $12,000 but it's divided up ($10,000 for first year + $2,000 for second year; then divided per semester after that). The breakdown is where your application details are/where you confirm your attendance for September.

Hey guys, sorry to hijack your thread, but I'm looking for some help! 

I see a lot of you have applied/been accepted to the Munk MGA. For those accepted, were you given a deadline by which you must accepted/decline a spot? I ask because I contacted Megan Bell today and was told that I am basically on a wait-list and may receive an offer, depending on the outcome of the initial round of offers etc.

Unfortunately I have fast approaching deadlines for two offers from UK universities, and as most of you know, any information you get from Munk has to be squeezed out of them!!

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out!

ps - congrats all around, a seriously brainy bunch here by the looks of it!!

The deadline I was given for Munk is March 25. I'll be declining that offer, so hopefully the waitlist gets moving soon!

You can check online on Carleton Central. My letter said $12,000 but it's divided up ($10,000 for first year + $2,000 for second year; then divided per semester after that). The breakdown is where your application details are/where you confirm your attendance for September.

Ahh I see, thanks! My breakdown is $13,000 first year and $2,000 in second year. I'm guessing there will be other awards/OGS to apply for in second year.

Hey Archie1991, congrats on all the admits, and good luck with your decision! 

Your GPA must have been amazing... mind sharing it with us?  :)

Thanks! I had an overall GPA of 3.73/4.00, 3.8 in my third and fourth years and my GPA in my major (Political Science) was a 3.82/4.00. It was an honours degree with a thesis as well.

Hello everyone and congrats to all those who have made it so far!

I've been checking this space but I just had to be a part of it. Thanks to all who share info.

Im waiting it out as well. Being international student,I know I need more patience because it's gonna be quite a wait.

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all those who got in, I just received my offer.

I was curious about funding, I see a few people talking about their funding. Where would I find that information, is it just in the letter? 

Hey everyone!

I was curious about funding, I see a few people talking about their funding. Where would I find that information, is it just in the letter? 

Just wondering, did you receive your offer today or yesterday? I'm curious to see if they'll be sending out updates during the weekend

Just wondering, did you receive your offer today or yesterday? I'm curious to see if they'll be sending out updates during the weekend

I'm sorry, I may have over emphasized the "just" I received my offer on Tuesday but have been looking for a forum with prospective and accepted students and found one today. I'm crossing my fingers for you though! 

I've already been unofficially accepted, I'm just impatiently refreshing my email 24/7 for my official offer haha. 

Oh I know what you mean, I did the same thing when I got the unofficial email!

Hey everyone!

Congratulations! You should be able to find the funding breakdown on Carleton Central, under the link that says "Accept/Decline/View Offer of Admission"

Hello all, I called the department and they confirmed the process was alphabetical...Friday mine still said "Recommended for assessment" and just now my status was changed to "Review in progress by department". My last name starts with a "P", good luck to all.

I received an email on Last Monday with an unofficial acceptance, at that point my status became "recommended for assessment" and just today it changed to "review in progress by department"....I'm hoping this is the correct order but I think everything is moving along because my specialized are was also updated to my first choice on my preference form today.

For me the steps were "Preliminary Review Required" > "Recommended for Assessment" > "Review in Progress by FGPA" > Decision. It took a few days from when it changed to FGPA review for me to receive the official offer.

Well, I guess this just confirms what I learned in elementary school.  It kinda sucks to have a last name that starts with a letter close to the end of the alphabet.  lol

I received an email on Last Monday with an unofficial acceptance, at that point my status became "recommended for assessment" and just today it changed to "review in progress by department"....I'm hoping this is the correct order but I think everything is moving along because my specialized are was also updated to my first choice on my preference form today.

Tabbatha told me on the phone that Carleton Central often glitches, so that could be it. My application dropped back down to "review in progress by department" when it was supposed to say "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" last week. 

The timeline is here: http://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/

Edited by Gabrielle Bishop