NPSIA 2014 Fall Applicants

lahdeedah

I just got accepted into GPSIA (third choice as well)... Same sentiments as Marika

Congratulations ^^ ! and i wish you your first choice  :P

Congratulations! Which other programs did you apply for?

My third choice is International Studies at Laval University, which is in french. The structure of the program is about the same as NPSIA, but I would prefer Carleton, better reputation, it's in Ottawa and it's in english.

My second choice is Political Sciences MA at Mcgill, mainly for the reputation of the school, but it isn't really a professional MA. The good point in Mcgill is that it's in Montreal, but still then, I will be extremely sad not to get into NPSIA lol

Did you apply at a lot of programs ?

My third choice is International Studies at Laval University, which is in french. The structure of the program is about the same as NPSIA, but I would prefer Carleton, better reputation, it's in Ottawa and it's in english.

My second choice is Political Sciences MA at Mcgill, mainly for the reputation of the school, but it isn't really a professional MA. The good point in Mcgill is that it's in Montreal, but still then, I will be extremely sad not to get into NPSIA lol

Did you apply at a lot of programs ?

That's great! Sounds like you know what you want specifically. I think Université Laval would be great, considering that it is right in Quebec City and you will have gain lots of experience.

As for McGill, I don't think you should be too worried about it. It's not a professional MA, but it would work great as a terminal MA in case you want to do a Ph.D later.

I didn't apply to a lot of programs. I applied to NPSIA, GPSIA at the University of Ottawa, and another school of Public and International Affairs.

Edited by timeisticking

Congrats!

From what I can tell, international applications get processed once the Canadian applications are through. I don't know how that effects my chances (what if the Canadians fill up the cohort?). Either way, I don't expect to hear from them for a while.

Edited by icedtea

I was just notified by Tabbatha that I got in. Good luck to everyone

Congrats! has your status changed on the admissions login? 

I've received the same unofficial email. Congrats to all and good luck to those still waiting. I am waiting for funding info to see if I accept.

FYI My status has not changed on carleton central.

:)

Thanks satellite, just one more question, for those accepted, was it just one mass email then for first-round picks?

I'm sorry I really don't know, mine was addressed directly to me by name but the remainder of the email could've been generic. I remember someone on this thread saying that not all acceptances would come today so they must be working on them this week and in the past most of them came aorund March 18-19th.

I know the feeling of waiting is awful...I'm still waiting on McGill's decision which is notoriously late.

Good luck :)

Also got an email this morning! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting, hopefully you hear soon.

My status on Carleton Central still says Recommended for Assessment as well.

Got an email this morning too! congrats to everyone who got accepted, and fingers crossed for those who haven't recieved any email.

Does anyone know what average/gpa one needs to maintain?  

Got an email this morning too! congrats to everyone who got accepted, and fingers crossed for those who haven't recieved any email.

Does anyone know what average/gpa one needs to maintain?  

It is usually an A-, generally speaking for the FGPA. In my experience, the actual department does not seem to care, but if you drop the FGPA may raise questions.

Edited by bentharbour

It is usually an A-, generally speaking for the FGPA. In my experience, the actual department does not seem to care, but if you drop the FGPA may raise questions.

All it says on statement of standing is

"Conditions on Admission Admission conditional upon receipt of official transcript indicating degree(s) conferred with required standing: B. of Social Science, University of Western Ontario"

Hi,

With sinking heart there is a fading hope that I might get to hear something positive, the lull is worrying! Any news for people like me who are waiting with fingers crossed.

Hi all,

I also received my unofficial acceptance from NPSIA on Monday.  I'd definitely be curious to hear when people start receiving official acceptances, funding decisions, updates on Carleton Central, etc.  :)

Also,  as an FYI for those who applied to Munk at UofT, I did get an email with some funding info today.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

Just checked my status on Carleton Central, it has now changed to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs", based on Tabbatha's email I assume this is the final step before the official offer goes out.

On the Application Details paged my Specialization has changed to my preferred field as well.

Edited by Archie1991

well looks like im on hold, my gpa was average but I was hoping that my work experiences would level the playing field.  If you guys are rejecting npsia or munk, it would be much appreciated if you guys did so asap:P

Heres to hoping!