Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

I am an undergraduate at George Washington, and my advisor was talking today about decisions coming out sometime next week for Ph.D. students. I hope that finds use to some of you applicants.

Just got rejected by UW and UCI nearly simultaneously :( . Kind of a bummer! Was lukewarm about Washington anyways, but thought Irvine was a great fit. Oh well, still 4 more to hear back from!

I got rejected from UW too >.<! 

That's good to hear Polemical. I had some good correspondence with POIs at GW, including a very nice phone conversation. I hope that helps my chances.

I was at GW as an undergrad. The History d=Department is awesome! Good luck to you all!!

Sorry LeventeL :( there are plenty more schools on your list, I'm sure you'll get some good news soon!

And HistoryMystery--totally get it. Having more than one admit means you get to choose, which is a good feeling for sure!

We're all gonna make it bro! Wonder if they weren't taking on Americanists this year? Your focus looks similar to mine (though mine is a bit broader and earlier).

I really hope so. What is your focus? Also, when did you hear back from UCI?

And if I may ask, who is your POI at UCD? I did my undergrad at Davis, so Im curious

I was at GW as an undergrad. The History d=Department is awesome! Good luck to you all!!

I couldn't agree more. The history department at George Washington is phenomenal. Tons of great faculty.

Marte108, what field are you applying to?

I have an app in at both the Graduate Department of Religion and the History Department, and right now I am in the Divinity School.  I spoke with my advisor today, who is the DGS for the GDR.  The GDR has interviews on Monday and Tuesday next week, and then will make admit decisions probably the week or two after that.  The History Department typically sends out admits after GDR does, because there is quite a bit of overlap in faculty and quite a lot of folks interested in studying religion in both departments.  

Josh, I applied to modern Europe (Germany) to work with Blackbourn and Applegate. Both geniuses so I am very eager to hear back...but if you say it'll be a few weeks then I guess my waiting is not over yet!

Thankfully I didnt bother with Berkeley. They simply do not show mercy >=P

Freaking Berkeley. Sometimes I feel they try to be deliberately more exclusive than Ivy Leagues just to prove a point.

Edited by HistoryMystery

Josh, I applied to modern Europe (Germany) to work with Blackbourn and Applegate. Both geniuses so I am very eager to hear back...but if you say it'll be a few weeks then I guess my waiting is not over yet!

I'm hoping he's wrong, I don't wanna wait that long! Last two years they've sent out on February 13.

Yeah...

I noticed it was personally signed too, and not a copy.

I know its too early to say this, but I really hope I dont need to go through this application process again next year...

We're all gonna make it bro! Wonder if they weren't taking on Americanists this year? Your focus looks similar to mine (though mine is a bit broader and earlier).

I wonder, too. I'm one of the Udub admits and I consider myself an Americanist...but in the loosest sense of the word. (À la Amy Kaplan and beyond in American Studies.)

Has anyone here been accepted by UNC (F15) yet? I think I saw at least one admit. I had a long informal interview with my POI over Skype which went great and we have been in touch via email since as well.

Decision is due 3rd week of Feb he told me. I think I am just feeling nervous after getting my first rejection (U Washington) but was wondering if anyone else had an interview with the History dept there (this or any other year). How did it go? How many people get interviewed there?

My POI there is the only one doing anything related to my research in the US (really) so certainly my top choice.