Is it true that once you get into grad school you will make it through?

The process of slp grad school admission is extremely competitive.....is it true that once you are a grad student, the program you are in will do everything they can to help you get through the program and graduate? 

I hear very little about slp grad students "failing out" of grad school. Is this accurate?

the program you are in will do everything they can to help you get through the program and graduate? 

I imagine it wouldn't be worth attending a program that didn't do everything they could to help you become the professional you want to be.

Do students drop-out or "fail-out". Yes I imagine that it is possible. But it's also very possible that despite what life throws at you a good program will be there to help you cope and help you adapt. On top of that the type of person who gets accepted into a program is likely the type of person who can adapt and cope.

ETA- my ex is in a SLP program. It's not a cake walk ... if that is what you're asking.

Edited by BowTiesAreCool

I would imagine that the amount of support provided to students experiencing difficulties varies from program to program. Also, I do know for sure that it is possible for students not to complete the program, as I've seen programs post completion rates (along with Praxis passing rates and employment rates) on their websites, and it's not always 100%.

SLP students do occasionally fail out of graduate school. I personally know of two who were asked to withdraw from their program due to grades. Faculty will certainly try to support you and help you through difficult times, but if you still aren't maintaining the required average GPA with their assistance, they will ask you to leave. I would say, however, that it's harder to fail out of graduate school in a way. Mostly due to the fact that there is such an inherent support system built into the program (relatively small cohort, professors and clinical faculty that you know you well) but it does happen.