NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

Thanks Latte!

That makes me feel better. I just really need to get into a Chicago school. I am not wanting to take a year off, but if I don't get accepted anywhere it looks like I might not have a choice. SXU is my first choice, but hopefully I will get an interview from Midwestern or something soon. Congrats on all of your acceptances that is awesome! I have been born  and raised in the south so the Chicago winter definitely is not something I am looking forward too. Thanks so much for your response it really does make me feel better! Good luck to you! :)

I wanted to up vote you but I'm out of up votes for the day. :) So instead I'll just say thanks for your kind words and GOOD LUCK hearing from the rest of your schools and your wait list schools!

At least your parents trust you...  I'm treated like a criminal and that I'm a horrible person for thinking of applying out of state.  They're manipulative and they try to make me feel guilty for wanting to go away from them.  They use phrases like "if you leave your poor mom is going to die young" and "don't you love your poor brother"? 

The only reason why I stay with them is to take advantage of finance for undergrad and use it for graduate school.  Once I get into the slp field, I'm getting out of here, far away.  That's why I study so hard, so I can get into a good school far from my house and so I can get into the best program for my interests.

OMG this sounds like my birth mother who gave me up for adoption. One day, we met again, and she would scream at me for making choices, "Why aren't you here for Christmas? Why aren't you here for Thanksgiving? You forgot your half-sister's birthday! Why didn't you send me a mother's day card???!!!" To which I should have replied: "Why did you give me up, you stupid (insert word)?!!!"

I finally got some news! I was wait listed at UNCO! Obviously, this means I will have to wait even longer for good news, but at least now I know something! I feel soooooooooooo much better now knowing that I might at least have a future at one school. =)

Two rejections in one week...it's been a rough week. Hoping for good news, but it's tough hoping when you've gotten so many rejections.

Edited by JNP92

So far I've been rejected from one and put on a wait list at one. Every day that goes by without an email sucks, but I think the torture of waiting has finally helped me out. I've had to keep thinking about backup plans and ways that it will all be okay... And I think I have finally found a way to be okay with it. The waiting still sucks, and I would be ecstatic to get in this year, but if I don't... I will be okay and I will try again next time.

Rejected from 4 and waitlisted at 1. 6 more to hear from, but this is starting to look really bad. Back-up plan?! I heard people discuss BCBA but in NJ i think you need a masters. this sucks so much

You can get a BCaBA by doing a year of courses for a graduate certificate plus the supervised hours. That's part of my back up plan!

Degree Requirement:

Possession of a minimum a master's degree that was conferred in behavior analysis or other natural science, education, human services, engineering, medicine or a field related to behavior analysis and approved by the BACB from any of the following:

Is this different? I found this from the Rutgers BCBA program. I hope you are right because I have been interested in this field also, but never thought I was eligible. 

Heard from two schools today. Just logged in and randomly saw my rejection from Western Kentucky University (online). =( I've read that they have a high volume of applicants so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Still I was really hoping to hear good news from WKU. There is a professor at WKU who I would have loved to work with. The news of getting wait listed at UNCO certainly helped soften the blow today.

Good luck to everyone else!

OMG this sounds like my birth mother who gave me up for adoption. One day, we met again, and she would scream at me for making choices, "Why aren't you here for Christmas? Why aren't you here for Thanksgiving? You forgot your half-sister's birthday! Why didn't you send me a mother's day card???!!!" To which I should have replied: "Why did you give me up, you stupid (insert word)?!!!"

Haha, this made me laugh. I'm sorry. I hope your adoptive family is MUCH better .

I want to check my email, constantly. To avoid this, I've started attempting the unicef tap challenge on my phone-if you go 10 minutes without touching your phone, you (supposedly) donate a day of safe water. So by not obsessing over my email, I'm helping people. But this only works as far as my phone, haha, not my computer.

Got my second rejection today. I am a little offended by how the news came... I got no email to check my application, but saw others had been checking theirs, so I logged in. It said to contact the admissions office. Didn't give a phone number. Looked up the phone number for the graduate department, was transferred 3 times to find the right person, and was then informed that they decided to deny me two days ago. First off, I feel bad for the lady who is handling these phone calls, because I could tell she did not like giving the bad news. Secondly, I think it's pretty rude to not send a rejection letter, or even contact us to let us know a decision was made. Frustrated.

Mheroux92 they sent me another one too!!! It was so unnecessary, as if one wasn't bad enough... They really need to get their act together. 

Tell me about it! I mean, I don't really care, their program was just one to apply to in order to potentially have somewhere else to go. But still, they killed how many trees doing another one? Just saying.

I am so tired of wondering and obsessing. I've already made contingency plans, I've made peace with waiting another season, but I can't seem to stop myself from constantly checking the portal. With all of the acceptances and rejections, I'm sure that I am on the waitlist or "maybe" pile, so no news is sort of good news, but I am still TIRED OF IT. 

I have 4 rejections and only 3 more schools to hear back from. Two melt downs and god knows how much chocolate later, I've come to terms with my fate that this might just not happen for me this year and have started a back up plan 

FYI, I just checked the COMD website at CSULB for the special cohort and it says they extended the application deadline for the special cohort to June 1st! That means if applications aren't due until then, they def won't have decisions until end of June. What is one to do if they get in somewhere but want CSULB? I wish I were so lucky to have that happen, but CSULB special cohort is my 1st choice

Has anyone heard from the University of Montana? They said the decisions would be out by today but I've heard nothing. If I get another email from them extending the deadline, i'm just going to cry!