NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

I'm still waiting to hear from 2 schools and 2 waitlists. Sheesh, I just want to know what I'm doing with my life!

I'm also waiting! I have one more school to hear from and 3 wait lists. I feel the same way, I just want to know what to do with my life! Limbo is not fun.

Hope something positive comes through for everyone still waiting.

Does anyone know where I can complete Hearing Science, Intro to comm disorders and a physical science before the fall?!

I know I can take Physical science online or at any community college,  but if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youu!

I have not heard anything from St. John's University nor Temple University. Am I just waiting for them to get around to telling me I've been rejected or are they actually still considering me? Brutal honesty/any insight would be helpful. I also have no acceptances so you can understand how incredibly frustrating this is. 

A few days later and I'm still waiting. This is ridiculous.

Are you the person that posted on the results page and said that you called Pitt and they seemed to have very few spots left?  :( just wondering because that has been my dream school for a long time but I think it might be getting to be time for me to let the dream go 

Does anyone know where I can complete Hearing Science, Intro to comm disorders and a physical science before the fall?!

I know I can take Physical science online or at any community college,  but if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youu!

A lot of schools accept COMD 3400 at Utah State as hearing science. :)

A lot of schools accept COMD 3400 at Utah State as hearing science. :)

do you know if they happen to have neuroscience for CSD as well?

I was not accepted anywhere.  I am beginning to wonder if i will ever get an acceptance.

Hey Asemooo it's nice to see a fellow Canuck here.

Have you followed up on Central Oklahoma and where you are in the waitlist?

First application round i applied to 3 PhD programs and 3 Masters programs. Now im in the shittiestasters program ever where neither the faculty nor students do researcj even though a project/thesis is required. Its the shittiest thing ever and more than 50% of the stidents leave the program after the first year. so i recently applied to 3 PhD programs while finishing my thesis.

In a total of 2 application periods I've applied to a total of 9 (1 was reapply) I have ended up in a masters that has been purely a hinderance academically and professionally for a number of reasons.

I fear my application package with just my BS in psychobiology would have been a better application than the one that includes my MA where it is like taking a step backwards.

So now I must PUBLISH, retake the GRE to simply get a better than great score, hunt down more biology field research IM NOW MOVING TO AFRICA FOR A YEAR with 12 hour days living and breathing research then come back and present at MORE conferences to get published.

Hey Asemooo it's nice to see a fellow Canuck here.

Have you followed up on Central Oklahoma and where you are in the waitlist?

Yes, i did follow up with them, but they don't have a ranking for the wait list.  They mentioned that they go back to review applications again if spots becomes available.  I did see on the result search though that someone contacted them and they said the program is full.

BTW for those rejected applying to hunter college and not the CUNY Graduate Center...... Count your blessings. Community Colleges are structured better than Hunter College. Community Colleges have more science journal access than Hunter which is essential to any thesis/dissertation project.

This school is a fricken joke and as a graduate student you wouldn't get funding anyways at hunter. They do not fund their graduate students, no program.

BE GLAD YOU WERE REJECTED FROM HUNTER. That school isn't worth your time or money.

If affordability is in your list of pros and cons TOSS out those cheap tuition schools because there's a statistically significant chance that your cheaper tuition comes at the price of low quality education, services, research equipment etc.

Edited by InnovativeL

I am still waiting and praying to get an interview from Brooklyn College. Sadly, I think I will get a late denial and I do not think that is fair. Why hold on to my application all this time for a rejection? I was told yesterday I still can be called in for an interview. Who knows at this point if they've reached their admission limit?  :unsure:

CUNY is a severely scroooooood up system and they are far from having their shit together. Its not surprising that Brooklyn just simply held onto your application. That's just how they work unfortunately, severely dysfunctional CUNY schools!!!!

Its unfortunate, but it is what it is in crazy CUNY.

CUNY is a severely scroooooood up system and they are far from having their shit together. Its not surprising that Brooklyn just simply held onto your application. That's just how they work unfortunately, severely dysfunctional CUNY schools!!!!

I am beginning to see that. I won't even go into detail on the experience I had with Lehman College. Unfortunately, they are all I can afford unless I hit the lottery. I will extremely disappointed if I do not get at least an interview at this point. 

You're going to grad school you shouldn't have to pay for it. If there's no funding for you then they aren't worth your time.

If you go with CUNY them only worth while programs are through the CUNY Graduate Center and that's where all the funding is at. Anywhere else in CUNY is lower quality than a community college. I'm not dissing CC's lots of courses are higher quality at CC's than universities. However the research and university resources necessary to complete research does not exist at CUNY.

I had to use my alumni status with my undergrad school just to access journal articles because CUNY has access to dittley squat. Then there's data analysis CUNY doesn't have programs for that either. SERIOUSLY STEER CLEAR OF CUNY ITS LIKE DUMPSTER DIVING FOR A GRADUATE DEGREE.

You're going to grad school you shouldn't have to pay for it. If there's no funding for you then they aren't worth your time.

There isn't much funding for professional degrees so most of us end up paying for at least part of our degree.

I disagree with everything this b*tch is saying. You should too.

BTW for those rejected applying to hunter college and not the CUNY Graduate Center...... Count your blessings. Community Colleges are structured better than Hunter College. Community Colleges have more science journal access than Hunter which is essential to any thesis/dissertation project.

This school is a fricken joke and as a graduate student you wouldn't get funding anyways at hunter. They do not fund their graduate students, no program.

BE GLAD YOU WERE REJECTED FROM HUNTER. That school isn't worth your time or money.

If affordability is in your list of pros and cons TOSS out those cheap tuition schools because there's a statistically significant chance that your cheaper tuition comes at the price of low quality education, services, research equipment etc.

Can't even spell "screwed" right.

I disagree with everything this b*tch is saying. You should too.

Gendertreachery, 

When people have bad experiences, it tends to shape their views. Perhaps, he or she had a bad experience with the CUNYs

I have to admit my experiences, so far, have not been the greatest. However, I feel the education received is pretty good for the money. 

I still have yet to hear from Brooklyn College. It is now May 5th. That speaks volumes...

I think what's most frustrating for me is I emailed a school-who had previously emailed me 3 weeks ago saying I'd hear soon-which I haven't. The email said "you're 'PROBABLY' denied." Seriously? this is ridiculous. Why not just tell me?

I think what's most frustrating for me is I emailed a school-who had previously emailed me 3 weeks ago saying I'd hear soon-which I haven't. The email said "you're 'PROBABLY' denied." Seriously? this is ridiculous. Why not just tell me?

That is a piss poor response.

Can't even spell "screwed" right.

Can't you recognize a purposeful misspelling when it's right in front of you? I guess not. It's really not necessary to be a grammar hound simply because you disagree with me. You're entitled to your own opinion. Did you go to Hunter?

Being that I do go to Hunter I'm entitled to speak truthfully about my experience, the good bad and the ugly aaaaaaaaaaalllll the ugly. Its good for undergrads as it is very much structured as a community college.

There are research institutions and there are teaching institutions. Bottom line Hunter is not a "known" as a research institution and funding is not something it has or is known for.

That's just the way it is.