Stay or Go?!?

CHERRY!

I'm currently looking for Student Affairs/Higher Education Masters programs. I've always lived in Georgia and I go to college in Georgia, but I feel that it would be best to find a program outside of Georgia. All of the programs that I've looked at are out-of-state and I love them all! But, I feel like I should be looking at programs within my state, for the sake of in-state tuition. Any advice?  

I went in state because of tuition. It makes a huge difference. If you look out of state then I recommend trying to find programs that offer TA positions or apply for external funding.

I think you should probably apply to a mix of out-of-state and in-state programs, and if possible veer towards those which offer funding like Britt32011 said. Make sure they're all programs where you'll be happy to attend and where you can succeed, then wait to see which ones accept you, then decide on the most financially viable one. I hope that makes sense :)

I'm currently looking for Student Affairs/Higher Education Masters programs. I've always lived in Georgia and I go to college in Georgia, but I feel that it would be best to find a program outside of Georgia. All of the programs that I've looked at are out-of-state and I love them all! But, I feel like I should be looking at programs within my state, for the sake of in-state tuition. Any advice?  

I went in state because of tuition. It makes a huge difference. If you look out of state then I recommend trying to find programs that offer TA positions or apply for external funding.

I'm only considering programs that require assistantships and/or have A LOT of them available, because having my tuition paid for would be amazing! I have a strong background in Student Affairs, so I'm confident that I'll be offered an assistantship. I'll take your advice for sure! I'll apply for a mix of out-of-state and in-state programs, just so I'll have options, especially when it comes to finances! Thank you both! 

It might be possible for you to find an out of state program that would honor in-state tuition because of where you live. I applied to an out of state program but am able to get in-state tuition because of the county I live in. My school is about 2 1/2 hours away from home. Some schools also allow students of bordering states to get a tuition reduction.

Good luck!