Fall 2015 Applicant Thread

Gvh

Applied for NC State Phd Psychology in the Public Interest. POI emailed me early this week to set up an "off the record" phone interview (whatever that means). Spoke with her at length yesterday and she informed me that they will be meeting late next week and will be sending out official interview notices at that time and admission decisions will be decided and applicants will be notified by mid-February. I am hoping that receiving that phone call was a good sign! Haven't heard from anyone else yet but I applied to some pretty heavy hitters (UMich, Arizona State, and University of South Carolina). 

Does anyone else see invites posted for schools they thought about applying to but ultimately didn't for some reason and wish they had? I'm having that problem.

Look at how many invites VCU Social has sent out. I crossed them off my list last second for geographical reasons. Dumbdumbdumb

Look at how many invites VCU Social has sent out. I crossed them off my list last second for geographical reasons. Dumbdumbdumb

I did the same thing, and for geographical reasons as well! So stupid...

According to my Results Page reviewing and detailed Excel document, most of the programs I applied to sent out notifications this week of January in 2014… I can't name the feelings that I feel.

Mine too! Good luck!!

To the person who received an interview invite from University of Pittsburgh, could you please indicate your PI?

Thanks and good luck everyone!!

It's my 2nd time applying, and I really wish I will end up with an admission this time.

Fingers crossed for all the Psych applicants!!

It's all gonna work out well after this exhausting waiting!!

Edited by SujinPark

According to my Results Page reviewing and detailed Excel document, most of the programs I applied to sent out notifications this week of January in 2014… I can't name the feelings that I feel.

Let the even more compulsive email checking begin! I'm in the same boat, it seems like this week & two weeks from now were the "golden weeks" last year. I think I'm developing anxiety, ha.

UT-Knoxville POI said his invites already went out. At least I can stop hoping for that one now..

I understand if you'd rather not say, but can you PM me who?

At this point I'm pretty sure I only have one hope left (besides masters programs that haven't even had a deadline yet).

Received an email from UConn POI yesterday that I should "pencil [interview weekend] into my calendar" and that I will hear official word in the next couple of days. Hooray for top choices!

For anyone else that applied to UConn Psych - Language and Cognition, you will know soon. The division met last week. Interviews will be held Feb 26-27.

Received an email from UConn POI yesterday that I should "pencil [interview weekend] into my calendar" and that I will hear official word in the next couple of days. Hooray for top choices!

For anyone else that applied to UConn Psych - Language and Cognition, you will know soon. The division met last week. Interviews will be held Feb 26-27.

Congrats!! :D

Hi everyone! 

Anyone panicking yet? 

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've seen through various places that some of my POI's have started doing phone interviews and informal interviews. I have yet to hear from any of them yet. 

I was just wondering if this is a bad sign? How long do people usually take on the phone interview process? If presuming they are busy people, I was thinking that maybe they would only be able to fit in one of two a day and therefore it might take them a while? However, I could be wrong? 

Has anyone had any experience of seeing their POI calling others, only for them to contact them after? 

I'd rather be realistic in my hopes and know that it was probably a long shot now - but don't want to write them off if there is still a chance!

Hi everyone! 

Anyone panicking yet? 

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've seen through various places that some of my POI's have started doing phone interviews and informal interviews. I have yet to hear from any of them yet. 

I was just wondering if this is a bad sign? How long do people usually take on the phone interview process? If presuming they are busy people, I was thinking that maybe they would only be able to fit in one of two a day and therefore it might take them a while? However, I could be wrong? 

Has anyone had any experience of seeing their POI calling others, only for them to contact them after? 

I'd rather be realistic in my hopes and know that it was probably a long shot now - but don't want to write them off if there is still a chance!

Informal interviews can mean a variety of things. For example, some people get phone/skype interviews before getting an official invite just to clear up stuff from their application, talk more about their background if they didn't come from a psych undergrad, etc. A lot of people will get official interviews without having one of these informal interviews. Also remember that at most schools, interview invites go out at different times and some people won't hear back until a month after other people hear back. I'm freaking out too, but it's nice to keep this in mind!! 

Informal interviews can mean a variety of things. For example, some people get phone/skype interviews before getting an official invite just to clear up stuff from their application, talk more about their background if they didn't come from a psych undergrad, etc. A lot of people will get official interviews without having one of these informal interviews. Also remember that at most schools, interview invites go out at different times and some people won't hear back until a month after other people hear back. I'm freaking out too, but it's nice to keep this in mind!! 

Thank you so much for this! It's so easy to just lose your mind when you see stuff like this - just got to remember you don't know what's going on behind the scenes

Just for panic's sake, I've been staving that off by seeing how late in the year acceptances went out for my schools last year, which you can see in the results page if you filter properly. Most of my schools don't post this early, so even though a few POI's have posted interviews, I'm not worried.