Incoming students at Icahn SMMS

Does anyone know where they're living and moving in? My friend suggested Harlem but not sure how the area is or how close it is to campus. Also, does anyone know the likelihood of finishing in a year? Considering this option to save money and time but not sure of the feasibility. Thanks :)

I might be there end of July too! I'll let you know when I book a ticket :)

:D

Does anyone know where they're living and moving in? My friend suggested Harlem but not sure how the area is or how close it is to campus. Also, does anyone know the likelihood of finishing in a year? Considering this option to save money and time but not sure of the feasibility. Thanks :)

I'm looking at a place in Queens right now. The commute is far but a family friend has connections with the property owner. As for finishing in a year, I don't think we can tell if it's possible without knowing what the course schedule is like. If you can fit all the required courses in a year's time, then yeah, why not?!

I am still looking. It's a little hard to have anything concise before going to actually see the place and negotiate with landlord. I've been looking in East Harlem/Morningside area; which is pretty close to Mount Sinai.

I'm looking to move in August. How about you?

As for finishing the program in one year, I saw in the FAQ video session they had last year that some students finished the program in one year.

Hiiiii everyone! I'm Christina!  :D  I've been trying to find a forum like this for a month now so I'm glad I finally landed here! I'm from Southern California and went to school in SoCal too. I'm really excited to move to a new city and meet everyone! 

I've been trying to find a place in East Harlem but I need a roommate. If anyone is still looking for a place to live, let me know! I'm not planning on moving until the end of August though. 

Still waiting on my award letter before finding a place. Are you guys getting the gradplus or stafford or both? I am doing gradplus only (maxed stafford in undergrad) and was wondering if it covers the full cost of attendance?

I found a place in Queens that I'm gonna sublet until I find something closer.

Did anyone ever hear back from the school regarding financial aid? Or hell, any confirmation that the school received anything? I've sent everything in and didn't get a single reply. 

Still waiting on my award letter before finding a place. Are you guys getting the gradplus or stafford or both? I am doing gradplus only (maxed stafford in undergrad) and was wondering if it covers the full cost of attendance?

I found a place in Queens that I'm gonna sublet until I find something closer.

Did anyone ever hear back from the school regarding financial aid? Or hell, any confirmation that the school received anything? I've sent everything in and didn't get a single reply. 

I haven't got my financial aid award yet. However, I've been pushing since last week. Fist, Dale told me he was missing my MSSM fin aid application, but I emailed right back with the proof that I submitted it in April. Then he told me I was going to get my award this past Monday. Nothing happened. And yesterday I finally called Christine Cortalano and told her about the situation. She got in contact with the fin aid office and assured me I will be getting my award by the end of the week. So here I am still homeless and waiting for my school money. Hehe

I am a little confused about the student health forms. When are they due? It says here that they are due August 15: http://mssmenrollment.com/before-you-arrive-mp/

but on another form it says July 1???  <_< 

Also, I never got any confirmation that they got my toxicology results, and I took that over a month ago

Ps, still no financial aid award letter :angry:

I am a little confused about the student health forms. When are they due? It says here that they are due August 15: http://mssmenrollment.com/before-you-arrive-mp/

but on another form it says July 1???  <_<

Also, I never got any confirmation that they got my toxicology results, and I took that over a month ago

Ps, still no financial aid award letter :angry:

Form is due August 15 for MPH. The MD and PhD programs start in August, so their things are due earlier than ours. Christine says to email each individual department if you want confirmation of any forms and documents. 

I gotta say, it's a little frustrating not getting feedback from the school.

finally got the award letter and SHEESH the cost of attendance is even higher than I thought it would be :blink:

Did you get it through email or in the mail?

What? I just received an email saying that I will be getting my award letter in mid-July...now I'm kinda anxious.

I think they are just really unorganized. You might have to call a lot and hassle them like I did to get it faster lol

What? I just received an email saying that I will be getting my award letter in mid-July...now I'm kinda anxious. 

I think they are just really unorganized. You might have to call a lot and hassle them like I did to get it faster lol

I think tac0d00d is right. They seem very unorganized. I got no email, even though I was specifically told I was going to get my award by the end of the week last week.

This is very annoying. It's making me question if I should have gone with other schools.

email or post mail? And are you doing stafford or grad plus?

Email and I'm doing both. Stafford covers a reasonable portion though. Overall, I'm very happy with the aid.

Email and I'm doing both. Stafford covers a reasonable portion though. Overall, I'm very happy with the aid.

cool im doing all gradplus as ive used up all my stafford in undergrad :ph34r:

cool im doing all gradplus as ive used up all my stafford in undergrad :ph34r:

At least the gradplus is not through sallie mae or any other outside source. So it shouldn't be too bad.

Yesterday I got an email saying it will be in mid-July. Today (July 1) I got the award letter. It's a little frustrating how unorganized they are. But I kinda understand, it's a small, new program. I guess they have some kinks to work out. 

Does anyone know how much tuition actually is per credit? According to their website, last year's incoming class paid $900/credit, I don't know if this has gone up or not. Anyway, at 42 credits in the program, this totals around $37,800, right? Stafford should cover what I need nicely, in addition to my personal contributions. 

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this. Seems reasonable, even for living in New York.

Damn, guys. This is really happening. Moving out of California to New York.....

Yesterday I got an email saying it will be in mid-July. Today (July 1) I got the award letter. It's a little frustrating how unorganized they are. But I kinda understand, it's a small, new program. I guess they have some kinks to work out. 

Does anyone know how much tuition actually is per credit? According to their website, last year's incoming class paid $900/credit, I don't know if this has gone up or not. Anyway, at 42 credits in the program, this totals around $37,800, right? Stafford should cover what I need nicely, in addition to my personal contributions. 

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this. Seems reasonable, even for living in New York.

Damn, guys. This is really happening. Moving out of California to New York.....

Yeah its 900. 21 credits per year so 18,900 per year tuition. My loan budget is like $42,000 for the year so they are quite generous. They must be taking into account how expensive rent is! I am going to start applying for jobs soon so I can contriubte as much as I can and not have to use my whole loan budget