Incoming students at Icahn SMMS

Yeah its 900. 21 credits per year so 18,900 per year tuition. My loan budget is like $42,000 for the year so they are quite generous. They must be taking into account how expensive rent is! I am going to start applying for jobs soon so I can contriubte as much as I can and not have to use my whole loan budget

That leaves $23,100 for the year after tuition...or $1925/month. Hmmm... This should do nicely.  Extra nice if I can find a part-time job somewhere. 

Now that everybody got their financial aid and are for sure attending ISMMS this fall is anyone looking for a roommate or had found a place yet? 

Now that everybody got their financial aid and are for sure attending ISMMS this fall is anyone looking for a roommate or had found a place yet?

Haven't found a place yet. Honestly I'm really trying for a studio but maybe I'd consider a roommate if I had to. I have personal space issues from past experiences lol

I have a question though. Does anyone know what time during the day classes are? I am trying to get a job and need to consider what time class would be.

I've heard they are during the afternoon, allowing students to work. Hopefully I can get a job where I can work 10-4 and then go to class

Haven't found a place yet. Honestly I'm really trying for a studio but maybe I'd consider a roommate if I had to. I have personal space issues from past experiences lol

I have a question though. Does anyone know what time during the day classes are? I am trying to get a job and need to consider what time class would be.

I've heard they are during the afternoon, allowing students to work. Hopefully I can get a job where I can work 10-4 and then go to class

I was shooting for a studio as well, but haven't been very successful landing anything yet so I'm open to more options. Everything is just so expensive though! 

Classes usually start after 4. I was looking at the schedule from last year and there's generally two star times (4 PM and 5:30 PM). 

Good luck with your apartment and job hunting!! 

I was shooting for a studio as well, but haven't been very successful landing anything yet so I'm open to more options. Everything is just so expensive though!

Classes usually start after 4. I was looking at the schedule from last year and there's generally two star times (4 PM and 5:30 PM).

Good luck with your apartment and job hunting!!

Are you a guy or girl? Also did anyone join that Facebook group?

From my research, I've come across studios from $1200-$1600 around the Spanish/East Harlem area. I'd want a roommate just cause I'm moving across the country and a roommate sounds like it'd be more fun lol. I wish there was a better way to reach out to all the incoming MPH students though

Also did anyone join that Facebook group?

I'm in the group. Recently posted. It's kinda a small group though, so it's still difficult to connect with other students. 

From my research, I've come across studios from $1200-$1600 around the Spanish/East Harlem area. I'd want a roommate just cause I'm moving across the country and a roommate sounds like it'd be more fun lol. I wish there was a better way to reach out to all the incoming MPH students though

Yes, I've found the same price range. However, even if I am able to afford that. Most brokers ask that you make 40 times the rent price.

Also, does anyone knows if there's a deadline to accept your financial aid package?

Yes, I've found the same price range. However, even if I am able to afford that. Most brokers ask that you make 40 times the rent price.

Also, does anyone knows if there's a deadline to accept your financial aid package?

I think the proof of financial aid suffices for the 40x rent. Technically for this prupose, it is "income"

I think the deadline is Aug 15. So def sign your MPN and stuff and send it to them

PS APT HUNTING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apt hunting is such a pain :( I really want a roommate too but I have no idea where to find one, especially a Sinai student. Anyone have any advice? I'd love to get in touch with all the other incoming MPH students but I have no idea how to tap into that 

A few months ago I emailed the housing department at Icahn. They weren't super helpful since there's no campus housing options for masters students (only MD and PhD) but this is the info I got from them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RZbXZrVy0fdFNLcFctUWFNYm5KX3BkcGg0eTBEMFlsRmh3/edit?usp=sharing

It's really not much, but maybe it'll help?

A few months ago I emailed the housing department at Icahn. They weren't super helpful since there's no campus housing options for masters students (only MD and PhD) but this is the info I got from them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RZbXZrVy0fdFNLcFctUWFNYm5KX3BkcGg0eTBEMFlsRmh3/edit?usp=sharing

It's really not much, but maybe it'll help?

Thank you! I'll look into it! 

Thank you! I'll look into it! 

No problem!

Also check your emails. Christine just sent us one and it includes a Google form about connecting with other students!

Also, is anyone going to the schoolwide orientation? I can't make it but I'll be in NY starting next Wednesday for a week. I'd love it if someone explored the area with me! :D

No problem!

Also check your emails. Christine just sent us one and it includes a Google form about connecting with other students!

Also, is anyone going to the schoolwide orientation? I can't make it but I'll be in NY starting next Wednesday for a week. I'd love it if someone explored the area with me! :D

I'll be going this weekend to see at some shoeboxes (so-called studios). About the schoolwide orientation, why is there a "MPH check-in" in the schedule if this orientation is not specific to MPH students?

I'll be going this weekend to see at some shoeboxes (so-called studios). About the schoolwide orientation, why is there a "MPH check-in" in the schedule if this orientation is not specific to MPH students?

I think they're just trying to get a tally on who shows up and who doesn't. Isn't the MPH orientation basically the first day of school though?

Of course you can. That's why our packages are so generous. 

This might be a silly question, but do we have to apply for financial aid again next year?? I wasn't sure if whatever amount we got is supposed to cover the 42 credits or just the first year.

By the way, I just put in an application for an apartment. Let the nerve-wracking wait begin. How's everyone else's apartment hunting going?

This might be a silly question, but do we have to apply for financial aid again next year?? I wasn't sure if whatever amount we got is supposed to cover the 42 credits or just the first year.

By the way, I just put in an application for an apartment. Let the nerve-wracking wait begin. How's everyone else's apartment hunting going?

If it's anything like my undergraduate, you apply for aid every year. So yeah, that number you see on your award letter....double it, plus interest is what you'll be paying back after graduation X___X

I really hope you get the apartment! Because that means your apartment hunting ends soon! I fly in tomorrow and get see my potential place tomorrow night! (BTW, if anyone is in town next week....please PM me. I don't know anyone in NY).