Fall 2015 Applicants

I know via a current grad student (in a different field) that this weekend is the fist big sit down and go through applications session..... Even though it is only tangentially related it's making me slightly more frantic! January is so looooooooong.

I know via a current grad student (in a different field) that this weekend is the fist big sit down and go through applications session..... Even though it is only tangentially related it's making me slightly more frantic! January is so looooooooong.

The longest month of our lives.

I'm just happy that OSU is not my top choice, because I applied in November and judging from the results board they don't notify until March.

Each decision is reached while sitting under a waterfall, gazing mysteriously out towards the horizon.

Yes , definitely, this week is very important for our applications . I got an email form a school i applied for early in December, and they notified me that this week the review will be done, and next week from 12 to the 16th we will be notified if we are rejected or will have an interview.

That soon!!? Which school?

Notre Dame :D they say they will have interviews first, so if I am not called for the interview, i know i am out. The wait-list, will be from the interviewed people that were NOT offered an acceptance. 

Don't know if anyone applied to UCSD, but the department is currently having all these job talks, so I'm assuming decisions might get delayed.

Good luck everyone!

.....that moment when you see that your academia.edu page has been looked at from one of the cities you've applied to.

Damn.  What city?

.....that moment when you see that your academia.edu page has been looked at from one of the cities you've applied to.

holy HELL I didn't even THINK to do this and I just looked at it happened to me too! damn why didn't I update this sooner?!?

Someone asked about uc Irvine interviewees, so I decided to stop lurking and say I got one! (Even though they said "the ucirvine interviewee," so maybe they're looking for someone specific...) Also, if anyone has done an interview, any tips?

Congrats and good luck with your interview. 

Are you applying with a BA or an MA?  How much research experience do you have?  GPA? etc.  If you don't mind of course.   It's nice to know what kind of students with what kind of stats are getting interviewed and hopefully accepted. 

Hey all!  I wasn't sure where to post my question about this application cycle, so I started a new topic on the anthro forum.  Will you guys please check it out and answer my questions (if you can)??

Title:   "Choosing a subfield -- ADVICE??"

I can also re-post it here, but sometimes that annoys people, so I'll ask first.

Thank you!

Well, now that the time is getting closer for me. I applied for all Master's programs. My first application isn't due until Jan 10. So, I am applying to 5 schools and I am so nervous!! I just submitted my first application to Wayne State University. The next are Michigan State University and Binghamton, both due on Jan 15. Then Mercyhurst, and NYU. 

I guess when if comes down to it, funding for me is one of the most important factors!

Any advise from anyone who has attended these locations?

Congrats and good luck with your interview. 

Are you applying with a BA or an MA?  How much research experience do you have?  GPA? etc.  If you don't mind of course.   It's nice to know what kind of students with what kind of stats are getting interviewed and hopefully accepted. 

Thanks!

I have a BA; I graduated last year with a 3.88 GPA. I did research when I studied abroad and then for my senior thesis, and both projects were independent and culminated in large pieces of writing. I think that my main weaknesses were that I didn't contact any professors and that my SOP didn't have a specific project so much as interests and a potential research direction. Also, my UC Irvine SOP was the most able to specifically point at a prof and be like "I know his work! And it's related to mine in multiple ways!" But I have no idea what happened with my other apps yet, so I don't know if that's relevant.

It's always weird to share my academic details, but there is such a lack of information on who's accepted that I want other people to tell me their stats, too...

Don't know if anyone applied to UCSD, but the department is currently having all these job talks, so I'm assuming decisions might get delayed.

Good luck everyone!

I applied there, so thanks for sharing this!

congratulations  on the interview!!! I hope you guys get in and are super happy at your new programs. I have a question. When you are notified for an interview, is it by a personal email from a POI or is it a standard email that tells you to check your application status?