Fall 2015 Applicants

Thank you! I got an email from the graduate director with an attached letter that had all the details. I had not contacted any professors previously.

Edited by Tachiyaku

Thanks!

I have a BA; I graduated last year with a 3.88 GPA. I did research when I studied abroad and then for my senior thesis, and both projects were independent and culminated in large pieces of writing. I think that my main weaknesses were that I didn't contact any professors and that my SOP didn't have a specific project so much as interests and a potential research direction. Also, my UC Irvine SOP was the most able to specifically point at a prof and be like "I know his work! And it's related to mine in multiple ways!" But I have no idea what happened with my other apps yet, so I don't know if that's relevant.

It's always weird to share my academic details, but there is such a lack of information on who's accepted that I want other people to tell me their stats, too...

Thanks for sharing.  I have similar GPA in Anthro from an unknown Canadian school.  I have coursework for an MA I dropped out of almost a decade ago, a few years doing social movement research plus I've worked in the field I'm proposing to study.

Someone got into UOregon. Acceptances and interviews are starting to dribble in.  Its kind of exciting!

Hey everyone,

I am new here. I was wondering, did anyone else apply to the anthropology department at Johns Hopkins? And do you know what their  decision timeline tends to be?

Thanks  :)

With all the good news starting to come in, I want to encourage people who don't normally post in the forums but do contribute to the results board to join us here! Not only is it important to produce archives of admissions for each year (and we're anthropologists, so we know the board data doesn't tell the whole story) to encourage transparency for and among applicants, but it is also a way to meet other scholars who might just be your colleagues and collaborators in the future.

I know plenty of people are seeing this, so speak up! We're all in this together.