Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

I was sort of surprised that I got a straight rejection from U of Tulsa. Admittedly I'm unsure how competitive their pool is but even my professors were surprised when I told them I was rejected from Tulsa. I suspect my immediate rejections are from schools that are just too good for me or ones that hold GRE at/above all else. I know, from interviews, that the rest of my app is really strong.

Those of you concerned about not hearing back, don't fret yet. Honestly I have no idea how this all works but I suspect that some programs are all over the place, perhaps trying to snag top applicants first before solidifying short/waitlists.

P.S. Now I think about it, my interests are sort of specific so maybe some of my rejects were fit related. I suspect some programs I called out as research or practice focused were wrong. One school I interviewed for, the professor said they were practitioner based but the grad student I was put in touch with said they were heavy research so with that confusion I'm sure some of my letters were wrong.

For U of Oklahoma, some have posted interview invites, and today some just posted acceptances (before the interviews I believe). Any insight?

I'm pretty sure I confused my acceptance with an interview. They were very ambiguous about it, but I'm pretty sure that I told them to give my spot (if I had one, again I'm not sure) to someone else. 

Just FYI to anyone who applied to Minnesota and hasn't heard back from them, I called them a few weeks ago and all interview invites had gone out and they don't keep a waitlist.

I'm pretty sure I confused my acceptance with an interview. They were very ambiguous about it, but I'm pretty sure that I told them to give my spot (if I had one, again I'm not sure) to someone else.

I'm pretty sure that all the interviews were setup more like recruitment sessions than formal interviews. Edited by toastytoast

Have all acceptances been sent from FIT?

Hey there!

I'm the one who posted the FIT acceptance. I had interviewed with them the week prior so I'd imagine they are just starting to send them out now. Hope that is helpful!

Hey there!

I'm the one who posted the FIT acceptance. I had interviewed with them the week prior so I'd imagine they are just starting to send them out now. Hope that is helpful!

Yes, thank you! I wonder if they have sent rejections yet or everyone who didn't get an interview is just waiting? It would be nice to know if there was a short/waiting list

I am still waiting to hear from FIT. Didn't get an interview yet or anything either, just silence.

Also anyone waiting to hear anything from Auburn: If you haven't received a rejection or interview offer via email then you have been waitlisted.

Edited by KW58D

Has anybody gotten a straight *rejection* from Houston, UMSL, FIT, or Clemson?

I am also curious about whether or not anyone has heard anything from Clemson? Also, would like to know if anyone has heard anything about Virginia Tech?

Has anybody gotten a straight *rejection* from Houston, UMSL, FIT, or Clemson?

From what I understand, Houston will send out acceptances and rejections next month (Mid March) after they have their interview weekend at the end of this month.

From what I understand, Houston will send out acceptances and rejections next month (Mid March) after they have their interview weekend at the end of this month.

Where'd you hear this from? And is this a case of "no interview, you're rejected"? Because I literally haven't heard a thing from them

Where'd you hear this from? And is this a case of "no interview, you're rejected"? Because I literally haven't heard a thing from them

A lot of programs hold informal waiting lists and only start notifying people of a) acceptances when an accepted individual (post-interview) does not take the offer, and B) reject those who did not make the 'x' number of spots on their waitlist. Why do they wait so long to reject people? I have no idea.

University of Houston sent out at least some of their formal interview weekend emails a couple of weeks ago. Looking at your signature, Colorado State did as well, at about the same time. These are both interview weekends and not recruitment weekends.