MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

BARD PROGRAM

This is a call for any and all opinions regarding the BARD program. It's listed very high on the US News list of MFA programs. I wonder if the low residency program results in a more diluted training experience, or perhaps more intense, or both? I am an older student with career change to art and wonder if the group of students there would be more diverse and hence an easier fit for me. Seeking any and all comments!!

Thank You!!!

Bard's program is interesting but I decided it wasn't a good choice for me. I feel like it'd be hard to work closely with faculty since school only commences in the summertime. I would suggest this program to people who enjoy a lot of independence. I assume the coursework is more intense than other programs. The location is definitely attractive and you can spend your time in a whole other location when you're not in school. There's pros and cons, but I would suggest talking to someone in their program to get more details if you're really interested. 

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY APPLICANTS:

Is anyone else having trouble with the preview of your application before you submit? My phone numbers aren't showing up in the preview, but they are in the application I filled out...

Help.

BARD PROGRAM

This is a call for any and all opinions regarding the BARD program. It's listed very high on the US News list of MFA programs. I wonder if the low residency program results in a more diluted training experience, or perhaps more intense, or both? I am an older student with career change to art and wonder if the group of students there would be more diverse and hence an easier fit for me. Seeking any and all comments!!

Thank You!!!

I was told that these two articles http://www.brooklynrail.org/2012/12/art/figuring-it-out-bards-low-residency-mfa-program and http://www.artandeducation.net/school_watch/making-sense-is-radical-to-making-art-the-bard-mfa/ give a pretty accurate account of the Bard experience. 

Edited by beriredux

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY APPLICANTS:

Is anyone else having trouble with the preview of your application before you submit? My phone numbers aren't showing up in the preview, but they are in the application I filled out...

Help.

When I had this problem last year switching to a different browser solved the problem.

When I had this problem last year switching to a different browser solved the problem.

Thank you for the advice, but I tried four different browsers with no luck.

uuuuhmmm.... Getting this error at Royal College when I try to send an email to my recommender ...

In fact it doesnt save anything I introduce .... anyone with the same error??

an error occurred: You must enter your Surname in Applicant Details.

So...I noticed looking back at my applications that one of my titles for my project was the abbreviation, and not the full title. How does that impact how faculty views your work? I should've been more thorough, unfortunately I was too preoccupied with sequencing than with titles T.T 

So...I noticed looking back at my applications that one of my titles for my project was the abbreviation, and not the full title. How does that impact how faculty views your work? I should've been more thorough, unfortunately I was too preoccupied with sequencing than with titles T.T

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing Anna12! Only on one of my images, also on the Yale application. I'd like to think it's not too significant. In the end, it's your art work that matters most.

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing Anna12! Only on one of my images, also on the Yale application. I'd like to think it's not too significant. In the end, it's your art work that matters most.

I did too! It's clear which shot goes with what though... If they want you, they want you. One small typo won't change that. The work speaks for itself.

Thank you for the advice, but I tried four different browsers with no luck.

Stuff like this is soo stressful! You've probably thought of this already, but just in case not...there should be contact info for the tech persons in charge of the application somewhere on the site. If you haven't already done so I would contact them. They can probably access the form even after the deadline passes if necessary. Hope it gets sorted out soon! Good luck.

Hellooooo 

new to the forum, but just as freaked out as you guys.

I'm applying to painting programs @yale, saic, risd, vcu, hunter, mica, iowa (hopefully I can get at least one offer)

and here's my website www.ningshuang-zhao.com

any comments? criticisms?  :)

Stuff like this is soo stressful! You've probably thought of this already, but just in case not...there should be contact info for the tech persons in charge of the application somewhere on the site. If you haven't already done so I would contact them. They can probably access the form even after the deadline passes if necessary. Hope it gets sorted out soon! Good luck.

Thank you, beriredux! I emailed them, probably going to call them in the morning. My number is on their slideroom form, so if I can't get a hold of anyone before tomorrow night, hopefully that would be fine.

I applied to UPenn last week, and they sent me an email this week saying that I need to have a third party convert my UK transcript to the US grading system before they will process my application. Of course the third party they require me to use charges $205 for the service. On top of the application fee I already paid, this seems like a lot, no?

I want to go to UPenn, but I cannot afford the extra money! I had to give a few applications the axe because of application fees. So bummed out!

Edited by hello_lauren

This is my second year applying to programs. Last year I go into RISD and SAIC, but couldn't afford to go ($41,000 a year!, what was I thinking?)

I got wait listed at UT Austin and VCU last year as well.

I just finished submitting everything yesterday. Just have to wait and see...
I did however, get a call from Ohio State University, saying they really liked my work and that I was on a very short short-list. So that's nice. But I would like other programs to say the same thing. 

Applying to Sculpture programs at:

UCLA

UC Irvine
UC San Diego
UC Berkeley

USC
Ohio State University
VCU

*I relocated to Los Angeles this summer, thus the California heavy applications

My Work: www.coreypatrickdunlap.com

Edited by Coreythegiraffe

This is my second year applying to programs. Last year I go into RISD and SAIC, but couldn't afford to go ($41,000 a year!, what was I thinking?)

I did however, get a call from Ohio State University, saying they really liked my work and that I was on a very short short-list. So that's nice. But I would like other programs to say the same thing. 

UCLA

UC Irvine

UC San Diego

UC Berkeley

USC

Ohio State University

VCU

The call from OSU, did you get that phone call for this application season or last year's?

The call from OSU, did you get that phone call for this application season or last year's?

This years.... but I haven't received anything official, neither email or mail. He said they would probably send out something this coming week. 

This years.... but I haven't received anything official, neither email or mail. He said they would probably send out something this coming week. 

Okay, cool. I've been getting antsy with that application.That's wonderful news for you, congrats!

UCLA

UC Irvine

UC San Diego

UC Berkeley

USC

Ohio State University

VCU

Nice work! I like the collaborative aspect and your use of materials. UCLA is gonna dig your work (went there for undergrad). Good luck!

Edited by ChrisLA