MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Sorry for the bad experience!

Can I ask you what area you are applying for? I applied for MFA in painting area and haven't received any information about my application. Does that mean I am rejected by the school?

Arrgghhh! I was at work (my first day too, so I dare not look at my phone) and missed a call from Cornell!

Sheesh! Can my nerves get any worse!

Did anyone out there receive contact from them today over the phone?

Has anyone had the legendary "MFA" added to their Slideroom app for Columbia?

I haven't yet, just to clarify.

Not yet, but saw somewhere that review starts this week?

Also haven't seen videos for Columbia on vimeo getting any view.

d e o - What is this legendery "MFA" and where would it be? and what does it mean??

from what I understand, when Columbia is reviewing your application, the title of your program will have MFA added to it. For example, mine currently says Photography 2015. If the legend/rumor is true, then they will add the MFA, making it MFA Photography 2015 or something like that. If it disappears, then you're rejected.

FSU is interdisciplinary but it's a bigger program so it could take them a while to contact everyone on the shortlist. I know someone else got their interview call a few days before I had mine so it's possible that they're just slowly working through the list. However on the phone she said I will hear back (by phone and by email) with the decision by the end of this week.

Thanks onbeingblue for the info. Just keep waiting. Good luck for your application.

I haven't seen a lot of printmakers posting, is anyone lurking and applying in print? Anyone going to SGCI? 

Hey, I just found this forum. I applied to a few MFA Printmaking programs NIU, IUB, OU, ISU, Miami U (Ohio), and UK. I had a Skype interview 2/4 with IUB and I sent an email with a few post question, and Tracy said decisions would be posted in a few weeks... 

Hey, I just found this forum. I applied to a few MFA Printmaking programs NIU, IUB, OU, ISU, Miami U (Ohio), and UK. I had a Skype interview 2/4 with IUB and I sent an email with a few post question, and Tracy said decisions would be posted in a few weeks... 

Hello! We applied to a lot of the same places! I haven't heard anything from NIU, ISU, or Ohio University but Tracy called me last Tuesday in the evening to let me know I was accepted at IUB, so maybe double check that you haven't missed any calls from the Bloomington area code. It definitely came in with Bloomington on the CID.  I heard at MAPC that UK had some really excellent funding opportunities in the works so if you get in there you have the potential for great funding.  ISU, I believe, also has really great funding and I heard that anyone accepted is pretty much automatically awarded a GAship and stipend, but I am not sure how accurate that is. 

I know you didn't ask about any of that stuff, but I wasn't sure if you were aware and I was just excited to see someone with similar schools they're interested in and whatnot. 

Edited by belchert

Hello! We applied to a lot of the same places! I haven't heard anything from NIU, ISU, or Ohio University but Tracy called me last Tuesday in the evening to let me know I was accepted at IUB, so maybe double check that you haven't missed any calls from the Bloomington area code. It definitely came in with Bloomington on the CID.  I heard at MAPC that UK had some really excellent funding opportunities in the works so if you get in there you have the potential for great funding.  ISU, I believe, also has really great funding and I heard that anyone accepted is pretty much automatically awarded a GAship and stipend, but I am not sure how accurate that is. 

I know you didn't ask about any of that stuff, but I wasn't sure if you were aware and I was just excited to see someone with similar schools they're interested in and whatnot. 

I sent Tracy some post questions on the 11th, and I have been checking my phone religiously, haha... Well, I am going to assume that I got rejected, but I am very pleased with myself  on getting an interview! (Thinking positively)  I actually visited NIU and ISU and they were really awesome, each  gave some really good feedback for my work. This is also my second time applying to NIU, I applied back in 2013. Thanks for giving me the info, it's great knowing that there is another printmaker going through the waiting as well as applying to majority of the same schools! Good choices if I do say so myself!

I have a facebook, you can find me as Cecily Brooke and I also have a facebook page for my work; https://www.facebook.com/cecilybrookeprintmaker. Feel free to add me or comment on my work. My school only consists of two Grad Printmakers (me included) so I'm excited to branch out to meet new printmakers and other fine artists!  

Thanks onbeingblue for the info. Just keep waiting. Good luck for your application.

hi Tong2015, I received my acceptance to FSU by email today, much sooner than I had anticipated hearing back.

Sorry if this brings bad news for you. Good luck with your other applications! 

Had Skype interviews with VCU and Austin last weekend both for painting... I think they went ok but VCU asks tough questions

Interviews with Tyler and SFAI this weekend and feeling way more prepared now that I had the other two previous interviews, I feel now like I know what to expect. 

Anyone heard from Berkeley, Columbia, Hunter, or UCLA? 

Had Skype interviews with VCU and Austin last weekend both for painting... I think they went ok but VCU asks tough questions

Interviews with Tyler and SFAI this weekend and feeling way more prepared now that I had the other two previous interviews, I feel now like I know what to expect.

Congrats on all of those interviews!! Edited by jl10

Just got that giant RISD information packet in the mail.  Don't they know what giant fancy envelopes do to us this time of year? :(  Such a disappointment. 

But anway, Congrats, Tiffanie!  That's awesome about PAFA! 

Edited by Kelly Neibert

Hey I had a interview with Berkeley and I'm on their shortlist. I think Berkeley has already contacted potential candidates... Good luck with VCU though! I'm jealous about that! Still waiting for contact from their sculpture department !

Hey I had a interview with Berkeley and I'm on their shortlist. I think Berkeley has already contacted potential candidates... Good luck with VCU though! I'm jealous about that! Still waiting for contact from their sculpture department !

I had an interview with Berkeley as well. Did they tell you you are on a shortlist at the time of the interview, or after the interview? Trying to figure out my place.

Thanks