MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Just found out I'm second on the waitlist at UGA. Is it likely that a spot will open up? 

This is my first time applying. It is my understanding that in order for me to get accepted, someone currently 

accepted has to decline, then the 1st person on the wait list is offered.......and if they decline, I would get in....

This seems very unlikely. I have little experience or knowledge in these matters. Is there a chance? 

It seems like such a long shot. 

Just found out I'm second on the waitlist at UGA. Is it likely that a spot will open up? 

This is my first time applying. It is my understanding that in order for me to get accepted, someone currently 

accepted has to decline, then the 1st person on the wait list is offered.......and if they decline, I would get in....

This seems very unlikely. I have little experience or knowledge in these matters. Is there a chance? 

Woo! Good luck, I am like 90% sure they haven't even reviewed the other applicants yet (this applies for probably most of the departments at Kent State if anyone else is interested in applying past the deadline, KSU has rolling admissions and the Feb 2 is not a hard deadline) because they're mid process for hiring new faculty in 2 departments and a lot of the department heads are super busy with that.  Because of that you'll be in the first pool they see, which will make your chances higher of being awarded the assistantship.

I got an email from NIU, it's a no go but it was a nice rejection, haha. 

awww :[ I haven't heard from anyone this week but them and I am so anxious!! 

Same here! I am trying my best to resist the urge to call anyone about decision-making...gah. I did send Michael Barnes an email, requesting feedback on my application, just in case I'll be doing this next year...which I sincerely hope not. 

Same here! I am trying my best to resist the urge to call anyone about decision-making...gah. I did send Michael Barnes an email, requesting feedback on my application, just in case I'll be doing this next year...which I sincerely hope not. 

Yeah, I probably won't call anywhere unless I want to be absolutely sure before I make my final decision.