MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Chicago or Urbana Champaign? If its the latter I haven't heard anything, but I called a while ago and was told that they were making final decisions at the end of February. I asked if they do interviews and she said usually only for international applicants but it depends. 

I also applied to Urbana Champaign, thanks for the info! Hopefully we hear soon!

i have an interview with usc but haven't nailed down the exact time yet. anyone else interviewing or know how many people they interview? so nervous and was totally not expecting this.

How/when did they contact you?

CMU sculpture sent out their interview requests this past week. a friend of mine is interviewing. 

yea I am doing an interview over skype with Calarts this Wednesday! 

From the results section I can see that interview requests have been sent in previous years, even if I can't recall seeing information about interviews on their website. 

Actually just having taken a second look at previous years' results, I felt a little less optimistic about the situation :/ 

CMU is a long shot, any way you look at it. 

CMU sculpture sent out their interview requests this past week. a friend of mine is interviewing. 

Not to worry. We're all going to grad school and it's going to be awesome. 

Sorry to hear that your interview didn't go well with UCI! But if it's any consolation, I had an interview that I thought didn't go very well and was accepted (1 of 10 people accepted) so you never know! If they like your work enough, it might outweigh a bad interview. Good luck!!

Hi onbeingblue, would you mind sharing what program you were accepted to? I am waiting to hear from a school (that I interviewed with) that also accepts 10 people. Going a little nuts. Thanks!

I JUST GOT THE CALL TOO!

OMG - congrats to you, and maybe I'll see you there?

Newcomer here! I applied to PSU & had a phone interview but haven't heard back yet! Getting nervous!

by email on Friday night

Shoot.

Oh well, going to update my signature accordingly. Good luck with your USC interview. The faculty is cool and living in LA was a very attractive idea. It would be great if you put it on the results section, for next generations' sake.

Yeah CMU was my long shot. But I'm glad I don't need to wait any longer to hear from any other school for now. 

Newcomer here! I applied to PSU & had a phone interview but haven't heard back yet! Getting nervous!

when Ian called me last week with the offer, he said he was calling all of the admitted applicants that day. you might be/are probably on a waitlist if you interviewed. there were only 7 spots to fill (5 left after me and kate_ho) but you never know who might decide not to accept! personally i think i will end up there!

Hi onbeingblue, would you mind sharing what program you were accepted to? I am waiting to hear from a school (that I interviewed with) that also accepts 10 people. Going a little nuts. Thanks!

I was accepted to Florida State (10 people) and Portland State (7 people)

Edited by onbeingblue

Wait listed at Ohio State University.

Not a rejection, but still a little bummed. I love the program and people. I can only pray that someone gives up their spot!

Edited by d e o

Did anyone here apply to Tulane and get a letter? Emailed with the department and learned that "letters to accepted students have been mailed." Should be coming in the mail - not sure if that means rejected applicants also receive a letter. Have been getting a few visits from Tulane on my site so wondering what the verdict will be :\

Edited by obviouslytma

Did anyone here apply to Tulane and get a letter? Emailed with the department and learned that "letters to accepted students have been mailed." Not sure if by post or email. Have been getting a few visits from Tulane on my site so wondering what the verdict will be :\

I applied to Tulane. I havent received anything yet.

How do you see the geographic location of recent visitors to your website? My google analytics only says i have one visitor from Russia but I've had people go on to my website from different states to see if it works but it doesn't say they visited. Is anyone using something besides Google analytics?

Does anyone know how much power we have to negotiate better deals if we've been accepted into multiple programs? Some schools have given me better funding packages than others, and i'm curious if I can use this to my advantage & pit schools against each other in order to get better offers. Has anyone done this, or heard of anyone who has done this? Is this even a thing? I don't want to use sleazy business tactics, but at the same time, I really don't want to graduate with 60-80k in student loan debt...

Does anyone know how much power we have to negotiate better deals if we've been accepted into multiple programs? Some schools have given me better funding packages than others, and i'm curious if I can use this to my advantage & pit schools against each other in order to get better offers. Has anyone done this, or heard of anyone who has done this? Is this even a thing? I don't want to use sleazy business tactics, but at the same time, I really don't want to graduate with 60-80k in student loan debt...

You should absolutely use this to your advantage. There's nothing sleazy about that.

I mean it definitely can't hurt. I've been trying to do it in not a crazy obvious way. It's worth a shot.