MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

From what I've heard about SAIC, you'll know if you're selected for the only one or two merit tuition scholarship for each department from the acceptance letter. If the letter doesn't mention anything about scholarship, then it means the money is going to someone else... The financial information that goes out latter will probably be only loans or some other school-wide scholarship.

I might have misinterpret what they told me though.

From what I've heard about SAIC, you'll know if you're selected for the only one or two merit tuition scholarship for each department from the acceptance letter. If the letter doesn't mention anything about scholarship, then it means the money is going to someone else... The financial information that goes out latter will probably be only loans or some other school-wide scholarship.

Edited by technotronic

I just received an official acceptance letter/package from them today with instructions to log into student information, email, etc. But nothing about scholarships or financial aid in it... I assume those are being sent out this week? 

Has anyone received anything official from CCA yet (I was sent an 'unofficial' email with my acceptance on Friday but no follow up yet)?

Folks at UCSC visit day -- anything to report? 

Edited by kxxx

hi carterjohnson,

i called columbia last week. they say the final decision will be post later this month. i guess if we havent heard from them, meaning... we are out off the game already...

anyways

yeah, yestoyeahhh, got a response to an email today that I sent to them asking about info regarding decision. They said what you said.

I know some people have interviews this week, so I figure I'm out.

Accepted to Rutgers with big funding. Super excited.

Here's a question for anyone:

If I have to choose between Hunter (no funding) and Rutgers (big funding), which would you recommend?

Accepted to Rutgers with big funding. Super excited.

Here's a question for anyone:

If I have to choose between Hunter (no funding) and Rutgers (big funding), which would you recommend?

Go where the money's at!! In my opnion...

Congrats!

broke down and called Rutgers. asked when I could expect a decision for MFA painting, she said 'some have gone out and the rest are rolling out so pretty soon. that's as much as i can tell you' 

Hi gwen,

I got an acceptance in early to mid February and notification of Funding this past weekend (and they are calling me often putting big pressure to make a decision ASAP); but I myself have not yet heard anything from Columbia. This whole process is nothing if not frustrating. Good luck to you.

I heard something similar... When I got accepted to the sculpture department on Friday, the faculty member that called me said that they haven't decided on who will get the scholarships yet.... Nerve wracking...

I am stunned.... I just received a call from USC roski ....it's absolutely STRANGE  since I had not been notified about anything (I had assumed rejection) and just received a call to have a short "phone conversation" (they didn't say interview).... I wonder what it means....maybe someone said no and I was on their waitlist but they hadn't notified me ? Anyways, very short phone conversation and I am very happy about the possibilities of living in LA :) Fingers crossed

I am stunned.... I just received a call from USC roski ....it's absolutely STRANGE since I had not been notified about anything (I had assumed rejection) and just received a call to have a short "phone conversation" (they didn't say interview).... I wonder what it means....maybe someone said no and I was on their waitlist but they hadn't notified me ? Anyways, very short phone conversation and I am very happy about the possibilities of living in LA :) Fingers crossed

I got an out-of-nowhere email to set up a "short phone conversation" with the vice dean of art for tomorrow as well. I also thought USC was a done deal at this point, so I'm not sure what to make of this either? Edited by dryheat

I got an out-of-nowhere email to set up a "short phone conversation" with the vice dean of art for tomorrow as well. I also thought USC was a done deal at this point, so I'm not sure what to make of this either?

Yeah! weird but cool :) Are you an international?

Nope. You?

And the questions were not much about my work, but more about some changes they are planning to do in the program ( more electives and more writing). She also asked me if I had any issues with the program being so small ( 16 students total). Good luck!

And the questions were not much about my work, but more about some changes they are planning to do in the program ( more electives and more writing). She also asked me if I had any issues with the program being so small ( 16 students total). Good luck!

That's awesome congrats!! I had an interview with them...maybe they decided they didn't like anyone they have talked to already lol.  They are making a ton of changes so be wary...no more full funding and basically every person who I listed that I want to work with will be leaving by next term (but are still friggin listed as faculty on their website smh)

That's awesome congrats!! I had an interview with them...maybe they decided they didn't like anyone they have talked to already lol.  They are making a ton of changes so be wary...no more full funding and basically every person who I listed that I want to work with will be leaving by next term (but are still friggin listed as faculty on their website smh)

what!? they didn't mention this! who is leaving? No full funding? Can you give us more details please? :/

what!? they didn't mention this! who is leaving? No full funding? Can you give us more details please? :/

well there was a rumor on last years board or maybe it was earlier on this one that frances stark would be leaving and i was hoping it wasn't true but she has totally left (dont know why) but up until a week ago she was still listed as faculty on the site.  also apparently tala madani is possibly leaving and charlie white will be working in undergrad. also they told me that funding has been cut and that they no longer provide full rides but you can get close.  not sure what that means exactly.

well there was a rumor on last years board or maybe it was earlier on this one that frances stark would be leaving and i was hoping it wasn't true but she has totally left (dont know why) but up until a week ago she was still listed as faculty on the site. also apparently tala madani is possibly leaving and charlie white will be working in undergrad. also they told me that funding has been cut and that they no longer provide full rides but you can get close. not sure what that means exactly.

did they give you any idea who might be coming in to take their places?