Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

I emailed and asked. I got this email from Angela as well:

I am responding to your message.  This year, admission offer letters will be sent out from mid-February to mid-April.  As decisions are mailed out, your status on the On-line application will be changed to Decision Made.   By mid-April all MSW decisions will be sent out.   Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to messages regarding when a decision will be made on an application.  We ask for your continued patience.

I will be hopeful until mid-april!! But I think I have read somewhere before that advance standing goes out in March, and 2 year in April? I hope we start hearing from them soon!!

GUYS !!!! Huge News !!!!! 

So I called Sue Brady again (I know you probably think I am crazy) .... I used a different voice than I did yesterday and a different cell number.... 

She said they are sending out rejections first. So basically you DO NOT want an email from Carelton .... 

Rejections are going out this week .... if you do not get a rejection email this week (if you do not hear from them this week) then it means you made it on to either the waitlist or admissions.... 

The waitlist and admissions will be getting emails next week earliest she said and latest is Feb 28. 

Anyone else freaking out and hoping they dont get an email ??? 

Okay I am sitting in class having a heart attack!!! (okay not actually but WHAT)!!!!! How are people receiving acceptances from UofT right now? This cannot be happening, I am not mentally prepared for this. Ahhhhhhh! I know it's only for the 1 year but that means the 2 years aren't far behind! Are we seriously getting these a month early?!

Same here, I really hope this isn't some kind of cruel joke it would be beyond amazing to get decisions an entire month early, the thought that we could know in the next 3/4 weeks gets my heart racing! Hopefully some more details will start coming out soon.

Also congrats to everyone who has started receiving acceptances! :) 

Eep! I found "the big envelope" from U of T in my mailbox yesterday! I'm beyond thrilled and still sort of not believing it! Anyone else get in yet!? My status hasn't changed online yet BTW. 

AHHHH really? I do not know if I am ready for this....

What is your educational background/experience?

I emailed and asked. I got this email from Angela as well:

I am responding to your message.  This year, admission offer letters will be sent out from mid-February to mid-April.  As decisions are mailed out, your status on the On-line application will be changed to Decision Made.   By mid-April all MSW decisions will be sent out.   Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to messages regarding when a decision will be made on an application.  We ask for your continued patience.

I will be hopeful until mid-april!! But I think I have read somewhere before that advance standing goes out in March, and 2 year in April? I hope we start hearing from them soon!!

I wonder when 2 Year applicants will start receiving notifications, since they have started the Advanced Standing Applicants. Oh dear, the nerves!

I wonder when 2 Year applicants will start receiving notifications, since they have started the Advanced Standing Applicants. Oh dear, the nerves!

Hi blh22

Last year, 2-year applicants to U of T received their packages by mail on April 7th and started to see acceptances on ROSI on April 3/4.

Angela has confirmed by email (to me and one other person on here, through a generic reply) that acceptances will be sent out this year between mid-February to mid-April. So I expect it will be the same. In 2013 2-year applicants received their packages by mail on April 15th.

Oh man, now I'm having a heart attack too! No changes online and no letter in the mail for me yet. I actually emailed Angela yesterday because I have been accepted to the program at University of Waterloo but it is definitely my last choice. The email I got back today from her was super generic and didn't really answer my question at all. It just said that offers go out mid-February to mid-April. Try to remain calm everyone.. we all know that Canada Post is pretty messed up and even if offers are in the mail, yours may come late! :)

Hey! I too have applied to the advanced standing program at Waterloo.

I've applied to Western (I've heard nothing back yet) and Windsor where I have been accepted.

I was just wondering how you got the news from Waterloo? Quest, email, snail mail?

I called and they said they aren't releasing much until March, so congrats to you! :)

Hey! I too have applied to the advanced standing program at Waterloo.

I've applied to Western (I've heard nothing back yet) and Windsor where I have been accepted.

I was just wondering how you got the news from Waterloo? Quest, email, snail mail?

I called and they said they aren't releasing much until March, so congrats to you! :)

Hey Feisty,

Thank you! My status in Quest under admissions changed (I suspect) last week, but I didn't notice until the weekend. There is an acceptance letter in Quest and the option to accept or decline the offer. I then received an email yesterday.

They want a response from me by next Thursday, which is really soon! I may need to ask for an extension because I applied there as a backup plan. I'm sure the program is great, but it's online and doesn't yet have first accreditation from the CASWE. I plan to work in the US for a while following graduation and accreditation really matters there but I'm sure it will all work out.

I wonder if they might be making continuous offers in batches? I am a current student in the HBSW at the school, so maybe that gave me priority for some reason. Best of luck to you! Do you have a first choice?

Hey Feisty,

Thank you! My status in Quest under admissions changed (I suspect) last week, but I didn't notice until the weekend. There is an acceptance letter in Quest and the option to accept or decline the offer. I then received an email yesterday.

They want a response from me by next Thursday, which is really soon! I may need to ask for an extension because I applied there as a backup plan. I'm sure the program is great, but it's online and doesn't yet have first accreditation from the CASWE. I plan to work in the US for a while following graduation and accreditation really matters there but I'm sure it will all work out.

I wonder if they might be making continuous offers in batches? I am a current student in the HBSW at the school, so maybe that gave me priority for some reason. Best of luck to you! Do you have a first choice?

Hi there!

Okay thanks for the info, it still says "No decision has yet been made by the academic department" for me on Quest but I'll keep my eye on it! Western and Waterloo are my preferences (so of course I've only been admitted to Windsor so far), so I really hope to hear back from them soon! Gotta start planning my life and whatnot :P

Thank you for this news!!!!!! Omg!!! I do not want any emails, at all! Also, I secretly love that after 5pm I can stop worrying for 12 hours because I highly doubt emails would be sent after business hours. I honestly don't get why they can't just send them all at once. This is torture!! I'm soon stressed -_-

GUYS !!!! Huge News !!!!! 

So I called Sue Brady again (I know you probably think I am crazy) .... I used a different voice than I did yesterday and a different cell number.... 

She said they are sending out rejections first. So basically you DO NOT want an email from Carelton .... 

Rejections are going out this week .... if you do not get a rejection email this week (if you do not hear from them this week) then it means you made it on to either the waitlist or admissions.... 

The waitlist and admissions will be getting emails next week earliest she said and latest is Feb 28. 

Anyone else freaking out and hoping they dont get an email ??? 

purplegrey - Have a great time in Cancun!  Hopefully when you get back you will have some awesome news!  I wish I could go away somewhere.  The only thing "distracting" me from waiting for an answer is my kids science fair tomorrow.  I spent the entire night with a stick of glue helping putting together two display boards (the fun of having two kids a grade apart in school - double all the assignments!) :rolleyes:  So much fun! :P

jjmr89 - A lot of the placement opportunities are available for a number of different streams.  There are definitely TONS of options so I'm sure if you get in you will find something you love.  I am hoping to get a placement totally outside of my previous field of work to diversify my resume.  I've been working in the field of sexual assault/domestic violence for the last 6 years so I am wanting to be really open to placement opportunities and just find something where I can do a lot of learning.

smpalesh - Sounds like you have a lot of great experience! What an interesting background. I hope you get into Laurier :)

AHHHH really? I do not know if I am ready for this....

What is your educational background/experience?

I graduated with my BSW in 2012. Before and during my degree I volunteered in peer support and in crisis counselling. Since graduating I have worked as a mental health program instructor, health outreach worker and in crisis counselling positions. I am currently a full-time counsellor at a not-for-profit. 

expressom - Congrats!  I know how exciting it is to get that letter.  Do you know whether you are leaning towards Calgary or UofT? 

editing bc I just realized you are still waiting to hear from some schools.  It looks like you'll have a number of wonderful options!

Edited by smpalesh

Thanks Prairiegirl and smpalesh!

Prairiegirl, I'm also from the prairies so U of Calgary and U of Manitoba were my "back up" schools closer to home.

I was disbelief about getting into U of T, like some others in this forum. I would like to go there for sure but will wait to hear back from the other schools.  If I get in to UBC it will be a tough call as I'd love to spend a year by the ocean. 

Calgary's program does seem really great, anyone know much about it? It might be nice to be at a bit of a smaller school and city... 

Edited by espressom